Sharp D-series vs. G-series LCD's

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
January 29, 2005 4:30:08 AM

I recently saw a January 2005 press release from Sharp about a new LCD
series (the "D" Aquos). I know that there are "G" series LCDs and
older (I guess) "H" series from Sharp.

Does anyone know what the new D series are about? Should I wait?
thanks,
Jama
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 11:52:59 PM

"Jama" <mrjama@aol.com> wrote in news:1106991008.939568.55420
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> I recently saw a January 2005 press release from Sharp about a new LCD
> series (the "D" Aquos). I know that there are "G" series LCDs and
> older (I guess) "H" series from Sharp.
>
> Does anyone know what the new D series are about? Should I wait?
> thanks,
> Jama

This may be what you are referring to:

http://www.cnet.com/4520-10602_1-5620117-1.html

They still aren't producing their 37 and 32 inch LCD's with 1080P
capability like their 45 inch has. Some day I may get the 37 inch, but not
until they incorporate 1080P capacity.
!