Sign in with
Your question

Vista wont open web sites

Last response: in Windows Vista
Anonymous
November 1, 2009 3:54:41 PM

FOR SEVERAL WEEKS VISTA WON,T OPEN WEB SITES. I CAN OPEN E-MAIL AND SEND E-MAIL, OPEN ATTACHMENTS IN E-MAIL. I CAN OPEN AND GET ON INTERNET ON YAHOO AND READ THE NEWS ETC.
WHEN I DO A SEARCH IT WILL BRING UP THE CHOICES OF WEB SITES BUT WHEN I TRY AND OPEN ONE COMPUTER JUST GRINDS AND GRINDS AWAY. NO ERROR MESSAGES. I CAN RETURN TO YAHOO BY PUSHING BACK ARROW.

A TEMPORARY FIX IS TO DO A RESTORE ABOUT 3 DAYS PRIOR. IT WILL OPEN WEB SITES THEN BUT DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH YOU USE AND OPEN SITES IT MAY LAST A FEW DAYS OR TWO WEEKS. TRIED TURNING OFF UPDATES BUT THAT DID NOT HELP. SPEAKING OF HELP ,ANYONE HAVE IN SUGGESTIONS????????? HELP PLEASE.

THANKS,

GARY
November 1, 2009 4:22:15 PM

Disable Caps Lock on the keyboard. A problem with you're browser and you failed to mention which browser you use. The problem could be any number of things. IE8 can be downloaded and reinstalled if it is the browser you are using.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worl...
m
l
November 2, 2009 12:09:47 AM

Also, try clearing all of the history/cookies from your browser. Sometimes if that cache gets too full you will get similar behaviour.
m
l
!