Quake 3 - lowest price?

My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for a
replacement?

Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
10 answers Last reply
More about quake lowest price

    Bootstrap Bill wrote:
    > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price
    > for a replacement?
    >
    > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?

    Which country u in?
    Try ebay,if u have a cd key already theres no worries.

    Bootstrap Bill wrote:

    > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for a
    > replacement?
    >
    > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?

    just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!

    hey bill, i believe all you need is the pak3.pk3 file to build the game. if
    you have the key already.

    > Bootstrap Bill wrote:
    >
    > > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for a
    > > replacement?
    > >
    > > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
    > >

    > just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!

    Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
    enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?

    Wal-Mart for like 10-12 bux

    "Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message
    > > Bootstrap Bill wrote:
    > >
    > > > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for
    > > > replacement?
    > > >
    > > > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
    > > >

    > > just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
    >
    > Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
    > enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?

    wal-mart for like $10

    "Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message
    > > Bootstrap Bill wrote:
    > >
    > > > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for
    > > > replacement?
    > > >
    > > > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
    > > >

    > > just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
    >
    > Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
    > enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:58:10 GMT, "Bootstrap Bill"
    Look,

    If you have the CD key, you have the right to an archival copy.
    How about I burn a copy on CD and mail to you, and you use your CD key
    to play. I'll even throw in a CD with all the maps I've got and a
    good config file that I got from a Railgod.

    Sivad

    rayzer59@Hotmail.com

    <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >"Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message
    >> Bootstrap Bill wrote:
    >>
    >> > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for a
    >> > replacement?
    >> >
    >> > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
    >> >

    >> just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
    >
    >Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
    >enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?

    On 8/26/2004 8:43 PM Sivad brightened our day with:

    >On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:58:10 GMT, "Bootstrap Bill"
    >Look,
    >
    >If you have the CD key, you have the right to an archival copy.
    >How about I burn a copy on CD and mail to you, and you use your CD key
    >to play. I'll even throw in a CD with all the maps I've got and a
    >good config file that I got from a Railgod.
    >
    >Sivad
    >
    >rayzer59@Hotmail.com
    >

    > <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message

    >>>just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
    >>>

    >>Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
    >>enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?

    I'd say go out and buy one of those crankable CD/DVD repair machines.
    They're like $30 and they're amazing. I bought one and brought a bunch
    of CDs back from the dead.
    They're a must have if you have a gaming console.

    --
    History shows again and again
    How nature points up the folly of men

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤

    "Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> said:

    > Who has the lowest price for a replacement?

    http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/inv.cgi?offer_id=1218652663&meta_id=4&cpid=
    1066024530&domain_id=1794

    --
    Mac Cool

    "OTHracerX" <OTHracer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<OUvWc.304993$%_6.241637@attbi_s01>...
    > hey bill, i believe all you need is the pak3.pk3 file to build the game. if
    > you have the key already.

    It's the pak0.pk3 actually, the one weighing in at over 400 MB. I
    think the other ones are used by certain gametypes and/or maps, but
    I'm not 100% sure about this. Some contain game code (the .qvm files)
    while others contain map models and textures.

Games CD-Rom Video Games