  • CD-Rom
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 24, 2004 12:19:25 AM

My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for a
replacement?

Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?

More about : quake lowest price

August 24, 2004 2:09:16 AM

Bootstrap Bill wrote:
> My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price
> for a replacement?
>
> Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?

Which country u in?
Try ebay,if u have a cd key already theres no worries.
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 4:58:17 AM

Bootstrap Bill wrote:

> My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for a
> replacement?
>
> Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?

just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
August 24, 2004 4:58:18 AM

hey bill, i believe all you need is the pak3.pk3 file to build the game. if
you have the key already.
"Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message
> Bootstrap Bill wrote:
>
> > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for a
> > replacement?
> >
> > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
> >

> just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 12:58:10 AM

> Bootstrap Bill wrote:
>
> > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for a
> > replacement?
> >
> > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
> >

> just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!

Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 9:08:50 AM

Wal-Mart for like 10-12 bux

"Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message
> > Bootstrap Bill wrote:
> >
> > > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for
> > > replacement?
> > >
> > > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
> > >

> > just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
>
> Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
> enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 9:10:55 AM

wal-mart for like $10

"Bootstrap Bill" <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message
> > Bootstrap Bill wrote:
> >
> > > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for
> > > replacement?
> > >
> > > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
> > >

> > just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
>
> Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
> enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 12:43:27 AM

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:58:10 GMT, "Bootstrap Bill"
Look,

If you have the CD key, you have the right to an archival copy.
How about I burn a copy on CD and mail to you, and you use your CD key
to play. I'll even throw in a CD with all the maps I've got and a
good config file that I got from a Railgod.

Sivad

rayzer59@Hotmail.com

<wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message
>> Bootstrap Bill wrote:
>>
>> > My Quake 3 CD is scratched beyond repair. Who has the lowest price for a
>> > replacement?
>> >
>> > Will ID replace it for a handling fee if I send in the original?
>> >

>> just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
>
>Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
>enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?

Anonymous
August 27, 2004 12:56:24 PM

On 8/26/2004 8:43 PM Sivad brightened our day with:

>On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:58:10 GMT, "Bootstrap Bill"
>Look,
>
>If you have the CD key, you have the right to an archival copy.
>How about I burn a copy on CD and mail to you, and you use your CD key
>to play. I'll even throw in a CD with all the maps I've got and a
>good config file that I got from a Railgod.
>
>Sivad
>
>rayzer59@Hotmail.com
>

> <wrcousert@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>"Jan Gruetz" <jgfornews@epost.de> wrote in message

>>>just download it - if you still have your cd-key that is!
>>>

>>Yes, I do have the CD key, but I'd rather buy another copy if it's cheap
>>enough. It's an old game, probably in the bargain bins by now, right?

I'd say go out and buy one of those crankable CD/DVD repair machines.
They're like $30 and they're amazing. I bought one and brought a bunch
of CDs back from the dead.
They're a must have if you have a gaming console.

--
History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 12:43:07 PM

"OTHracerX" <OTHracer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<OUvWc.304993$%_6.241637@attbi_s01>...
> hey bill, i believe all you need is the pak3.pk3 file to build the game. if
> you have the key already.

It's the pak0.pk3 actually, the one weighing in at over 400 MB. I
think the other ones are used by certain gametypes and/or maps, but
I'm not 100% sure about this. Some contain game code (the .qvm files)
while others contain map models and textures.
!