Is there a known virus that stops letters from typing? One one computer it is t

sailer_42

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Hello out there. I'm far from computer literate. I'm living on a boat so internet is not always available-right now I have it. I have two questions. Is there a known virus that can stop specific keys from typing? It seems the vowels and a few other keys have stopped typing. I can't sign on to internet log ins because the keyboard won't work.

Also, if you don't allow windows and/or virus downloads for awhile-like a month -when I don't have access to internet can that cause strange things like difficulty getting on a network or even the BSOD. Right now I have a double horizontal everthing -icons or information - on my desktop! Haven't a clue about where to start or if it fixable. Have no computer guys available either. Paid a guy $80 for nothing. Do have driver and application and some other original disks for Dell 1420 Inspiron with Vista 32....
Poor Sailor

TheViper

Distinguished
Could be a virus or could be the keyboard going bad. I've seen both happen. I had a keyboard once that killed the spacebar, backspace, 8 letters and some others. Replaced it and never had the problem again. It also caused some weird desktop issues like a giant green MUTE displayed in the corner of the screen.

sailer_42

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009

Thanks for answering. If i can get over the other issue- the double screen- i'll get a new keyboard and see.
Sailor