Router - Firewall blocking stuff

kier1992

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
Well new computer and everythink anyways ill cut to the story i have a netgear router that connections my computer and my mums laptop to the Internet simple? but when i download stuff U torrent Limewire even install game it always comes up with something like "Your computer seems to be behind a firewall" or "Your computer is slow because you have a firewall on".

So i turn off Windows firewall and yet i still get this same god dam message people tell me to go onto the expections tab on firewall and when i do i add programmes give them a tick but yet i still have this firewall on which leads me to the router has a firewall so how do i take this firewall down altogether? or is it easy just to add the programmes i want?

MarkG

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2004
I don't know about that particular router, but typically they'll have a web interface where you can connect to the router with your web browser and open specific ports for specific machines. Check the manual, or download it from the manufacturer's web site if they didn't give you a paper manual.

hbohn123

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007

Yeah, it should have a web interface. Usually default IP is 192.168.0.1....192.168.1.1.....