Please help i cant open dlm file

Tags:
  • Programming
  • Download
  • Visual Studio
  • Apps
Last response: in Apps General Discussion
September 14, 2010 8:51:59 PM

im trying to download visual studio 2008 for a class im taking (intro to programing)

when i went to dreamspark.com and downloaded the professional edition it just saves just a file (not a folder) to my documents and i cant open it its a dlm file

but if i download visual c++ 2008 express edition it downloads fine and all folders are there.

what is wrong with downloading the professional version

More about : open dlm file

September 14, 2010 9:58:22 PM

ofriend told me to open that file i had to image it to a dvd ??

he said he found it somewhere online what does that mean? do i have ot download it to a dvd or what.
Score
a b L Programming
September 15, 2010 4:59:06 PM

What kind of file did you get? Is it an .ISO file per chance?
Score
Related resources
September 15, 2010 6:09:43 PM

ya now it says its an iso

when my computer tryed ot open it it said it was a dlm but now that i actualy scroled over the file it says iso
Score

Best solution

a b L Programming
September 15, 2010 6:39:01 PM

ISO files are essentially CD files. The easiest way to use this will probably be like your friend said, burn it to a dvd. I believe windows 7 can do this for you, by right clicking on the file and selecting burn iso or something along those lines. If you don't have windows 7 you can download FreeIsoBurner to do it for you:
http://www.freeisoburner.com/

Alternately if you don't have a DVD burner or DVD's, you can use what is called a virtual dvd drive, which can mount the iso image and your computer will appear as if the ISO image was a physical DVD in your machine. I actually just used this method to install visual studio 2010 a few weeks ago on my box, and didn't have any problems.
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overvi...

If you run into any problems setting this up, feel free to post back here.

Good luck
September 15, 2010 8:36:02 PM

woooooooo omg your the best idk how you forum ppl find all these free programs but id be lost without them
Score
a b L Programming
September 15, 2010 8:36:42 PM

Google FTW ;-)

Good luck with the programing!
Score
September 15, 2010 8:50:31 PM

Best answer selected by rogue woopa.
Score
September 15, 2010 9:06:26 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score