Sign in with
Your question
Closed

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to....

Last response: in Windows XP
August 3, 2009 5:35:00 PM

Hey,

I want to get rid of the vista installation on my desktop

My friend told my about TinyXP (windows xp with a lot of crap left out = fast)
I don't know if I can give you the link where I got it because maybe that will be seen as advertising...

But whatever, the problems I have don't have to do with the TinyXP specific I think, they are also occuring when isntalling a normal windows XP version

Whenever I boot from my cd, the setup is loading
But after that, I get: the setup is starting and then BOOM, blue error screen:
Quote:
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your
Computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer.
If this screen appears again, follow thease steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and
terminated. Run chkdisk/f to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information: STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78DE524, 0xC0000034, 0x000000000, 0x00000000)

What is this error? I've been looking here, but I don't get anything they say and I don't find a solution to my problem there

Can anyone help me install this windows xp?

Thanks!!
August 3, 2009 5:49:24 PM

Setup is probably missing a driver for a critical component that is needed for setup to continue. Check the manufacturers website for any xp drivers for your components and slip stream them into a new install disk.
August 3, 2009 6:52:29 PM

I have gotten a CD with all drivers (seperate xp and vista) when buying my desktop

What do I do with them (I don't know what you mean with slipstream them and how to combine that with installing a new OS)

Thanks!!
Related resources
August 3, 2009 6:59:13 PM

Google "slipstream xp".

You may have to load drivers for the hard drive controller. Hard to tell without being there.
August 3, 2009 7:04:25 PM

XP drivers only of course
August 3, 2009 7:12:09 PM

ok, these are the drivers I have (included on that CD): AMD Chipset, ATI VGA, Realtek Sound, Realtek LAN and AMD AHCI RAID Driver Diskette

Hope its one of those? So now gonna try to slipstream them to the install CD :) 

1 problem:
Quote:

Once the files have been extracted, insert your Windows XP setup CD into an optical drive and copy its entire contents to a different folder on your hard drive. For the sake of simplicity, use C:xpsetupcd as the folder. Now, return to the command prompt and type the following command: C:xpSP2i386updateupdate /s:C:xpsetupcd. This will update your existing Windows setup files with the new code contained in Service Pack 2. A message box will pop up to notify you when the process is complete.

So I need to copy the folder from the setup cd to my computer, but my setup cd is a ISO file that I mounted on a DVD myself, so in this case I just place those drivers in the ISO file?
August 4, 2009 9:34:57 AM

It isn't working out, I do find most files needed to "slipstream" on that ISO file, but it's all arranged differently (some things I can't find)

So are you sure it's that HDD driver? When I reinstall Vista, I don't get the error
Or could it be that I have to format all my drives first, before installing that TinyXP?

The most great thing would be if someone could help me with this (like download the TinyXP and look how it works) :p 

Thanks!
August 4, 2009 1:05:50 PM

It sounds like you have now had several attempts to install 2-3 different operating systems onto the HD. I would bet that if you format the disk, choose the OS you want and install it all will go just fine. Backup what you want to save first.
August 4, 2009 1:18:32 PM

Are you using a USB keyboard? If you are, make sure "legacy USB" or similar is enabled if it is already disabled, or disable it if it is already enabled. I can't remember which way around it should be, but after 3 hours of troubleshooting BSODs with XP when trying to run the setup it turned out to be as simple as this.
August 4, 2009 1:50:57 PM

Yes, I am using a USB keyboard, WOW if that is the problem, beat me to dead plox :D 
Where can I find the option to turn it on/off?

And about the OS's
Well I had Windows Vista installed, but I saw TinyXP running on a friends comp, he was like stunned how fast it ran and how good it was, so now I'm trying to install that OS, get rid of Vista...
But as soon as I get on the part where u can make partitions and format drives (before that part) I get that blue screen error, so I'm unable to install that lovely OS ;(

Halp plox :p 
August 5, 2009 12:36:10 PM

Yes, I am using a USB keyboard, WOW if that is the problem, beat me to dead plox :D 
Where can I find the option to turn it on/off?

And about the OS's
Well I had Windows Vista installed, but I saw TinyXP running on a friends comp, he was like stunned how fast it ran and how good it was, so now I'm trying to install that OS, get rid of Vista...
But as soon as I get on the part where u can make partitions and format drives (before that part) I get that blue screen error, so I'm unable to install that lovely OS ;(

Halp plox :p 
August 14, 2009 1:00:19 AM

The option should be in the BIOS but I can't say where exactly because they're all different.
March 2, 2012 9:57:30 PM

I had the same problem very recently.

I went to BIOS (press Del when the computer boots) and then went to Integrated Peripherals. I changed SATA AHCI mode to IDE (it was AHCI) and now it installs fine.

I don't really know what all the settings mean, but at least now TinyXP can recognise the HDD!
!