Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Error 0xc000007b HELP!

Last response: in Windows Vista
Share
November 5, 2009 4:04:39 AM

hi for the entire time ive had vista.....i kept getting this error whenever i try to run certain programs"The application failed to initialize properly(0xc000007b).Click OK to terminate the application." its getting pretty annoying when i try to run certain PAYWARE addons for FSX and it gives me that message...making me feel that i have wasted money on something that doesnt work! so somebady please help!(ive reinstalled vista after the previous incident the winload.exe thing) and now it has the same problem again! each time i scan the computer with Iobit 360 Pro it gives me 5 threats 4 of which are registry values from some reader_s.exe and one cookie tracker.

the reader_s.exe thing has one process from system 32 folder and one from my users folder....suspecting that the one from the users folder is a "fake" i tried to end it but it says that its not allowed....i also removed it from the startup list but it keeps appearing..also some application called ter8 keeps running msxm192z.dll in the temp folder when it gave me problems previously...but now it seems fine(suspicious)....

Finally theres some program called restorer_32.exe that keeps running from both my documents and system 32 and i cant end it or remove it from the startup list!

help is much appreciated! thanks in advance!=))))

More about : error 0xc000007b

November 5, 2009 6:50:31 PM

Boot into safe mode with networking (f8 on startup). Download malwarebytes. Click on the update tab, and do an update to get the most recent files. Then do a full system scan.

When that's done, download ccleaner and scan your registry for any errors.
m
0
l
November 5, 2009 9:35:45 PM

ok thanks illle try that
m
0
l
Related resources
November 6, 2009 5:22:09 AM

Is it with Vista SP1
m
0
l
November 6, 2009 5:31:55 AM

v-2samrc said:
Is it with Vista SP1

yup...but ive tried what aford10 suggested and that didnt work...ive also been trying to update to service pack 2 but it keeps staying at "preparing you computer"
m
0
l
November 6, 2009 10:53:51 AM

Did malwarebytes find anything?
Did you do the download and FULL scan in safe mode with networking?
m
0
l
November 6, 2009 11:17:39 PM

aford10 said:
Did malwarebytes find anything?
Did you do the download and FULL scan in safe mode with networking?

i did then it found 13 threats and asked me to restart my computer and after that i scanned again after restarting it still had 3 threats but the error 0xc000007b thing was still there...
m
0
l
November 6, 2009 11:43:55 PM

You'll want to get rid of the other remaining threats. If they are 'locked', use the 'more tools' tab in malwarebytes to remove them.

After malwarebytes has gotten rid of all it can, boot into normal windows. Download and install Avira. Restart and get back into safe mode with networking. Update Avira and do a full system scan. This will confirm the system is now clean, or clean up some more. It has to be installed in normal windows.
http://www.free-av.de/en/trialpay_download/1/avira_anti...

When ^those are done, download ccleaner and clean your registry.
m
0
l
November 6, 2009 11:54:15 PM

aford10 said:
You'll want to get rid of the other remaining threats. If they are 'locked', use the 'more tools' tab in malwarebytes to remove them.

After malwarebytes has gotten rid of all it can, boot into normal windows. Download and install Avira. Restart and get back into safe mode with networking. Update Avira and do a full system scan. This will confirm the system is now clean, or clean up some more. It has to be installed in normal windows.
http://www.free-av.de/en/trialpay_download/1/avira_anti...

When ^those are done, download ccleaner and clean your registry.

ok trying now=))
m
0
l
November 7, 2009 5:30:12 AM

The Stop 0x7B message indicates that Windows XP has lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware typically causes stop 0x7B errors.
Resolutions:

Cleanning your registry with ErrorFix http://www.make-pc-faster.com/
Verify that the system firmware and disk controller BIOS settings are correct and that the storage device was properly installed. If you are unsure, consult your computer's documentation about restoring default firmware settings or configuring your system to auto-detect settings. If the error occurs during Windows XP Professional setup, the problem might be due to unsupported disk controller hardware. In some cases, drivers for new hardware are not in the Windows XP Professional Driver.cab library, and you need to provide additional drivers to complete the Windows XP setup successfully. If this is the case, follow the hardware manufacturer's instructions when installing drivers. Periodically check for driver and firmware updates.
:D 
m
0
l
November 8, 2009 5:59:57 AM

xxnideoo said:
The Stop 0x7B message indicates that Windows XP has lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware typically causes stop 0x7B errors.
Resolutions:

Cleanning your registry with ErrorFix http://www.make-pc-faster.com/
Verify that the system firmware and disk controller BIOS settings are correct and that the storage device was properly installed. If you are unsure, consult your computer's documentation about restoring default firmware settings or configuring your system to auto-detect settings. If the error occurs during Windows XP Professional setup, the problem might be due to unsupported disk controller hardware. In some cases, drivers for new hardware are not in the Windows XP Professional Driver.cab library, and you need to provide additional drivers to complete the Windows XP setup successfully. If this is the case, follow the hardware manufacturer's instructions when installing drivers. Periodically check for driver and firmware updates.
:D 

oh thanks but im using Vista Home Premium does the error code mean the same thing? does it work too? :wahoo: 
m
0
l
November 8, 2009 5:52:59 PM

I really don't think firmware is your issue.
m
0
l
December 1, 2009 7:01:13 AM

Ooops!! Sorry for the late reply. How is your system doing now?
After researching on this I found it is a malware. You can try performing a system restore.

How to repair the operating system and how to restore the operating system configuration to an earlier point in time in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212/

If this doesn't help, only way to get rid out of this will be performing a clean format and install. :??: 
m
0
l
December 1, 2009 7:03:45 AM

Try removing the registry entry for the restorer32.exe from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN

Entry: restorer32_a
m
0
l
December 1, 2009 7:14:18 AM

get hitman 3 run all the apps that come with it 15 in total i think that should remove all malware and spyware apps
m
0
l
!