Is The P35 Worth Itself?

Total: 36 votes (5 blank votes)

• yes
  • 71 %
  • no
  • 30 %
June 10, 2007 6:11:48 AM

hey guys again,

The question of the day in my eyes is..... Is the P35 motherboard worth it ?? Im not sure about the motherboard i havent properly read into it, all i know is about the memory boostage, the high speed FSB, and the new DDRIII ram. (which means it is a motherboard for the future).

Do these motherboards support SLI, i know some support crossfire but im yet to find one that supports SLI, i might not have to look for but at the moment i havent found any.

Which P35 motherboard is the best, what features and advantages do you gain through this new chipset?

DDRIII memory.. Is there any good stuff out there? i have read a few other posts about how shit the stuff is? Is the GeIL sticks the best?

Are the RAM and Motherboards STABLE? AND TESTED PROPERLY? or is it a flop.

Overall is it worth upgrading to the P35 when you can easilly get some really good stuff for P65 P75 650 or 680.

More about : p35 worth

June 10, 2007 11:29:37 AM

I think if you are building a new system from scratch in about 2 months the p35 will be worth it. The memory is VERY expensive right now so i would not buy that now, but in time it will be more attractive. As far as SLI on intel boards, i believe that is a nono. There was a board floating around Computex which was stated to have SLI but that was debunked rather quickly based on the ATI chip also present on said board. Unless they started some corporate threesome 8O , this will not happen for some time.
Shortterm = upgrade existing parts on a budget.
Longterm = build from scratch using new/future parts.
June 10, 2007 12:25:13 PM

Nvidia boards already support 45nm processors. Sure they don't have DDR3 but that won't be affordable for another year and the performance of DDR3 isn't that much better than DDR2. Although the option of DDR3 would be nice, I'd rather have the SLI option.

http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/12619
Related resources
June 10, 2007 1:03:34 PM

You can get a P35 DS3 for $10 more than the regular one so that board is definetly worth it. Some of the higher end ones have SLI you could check those out. There's a review of about 6 P35 motherboards on tomshardware, you should read it before deciding.
June 10, 2007 1:05:02 PM

No intel chipset supports SLI yet, I think you mean Crossfire?

Having the option to use DDR3 in the future is worth the price difference.
June 10, 2007 1:14:45 PM

Kentsfield loves P35 it overclocks better!
June 10, 2007 2:03:19 PM

The Intel P35 Bearlake chipset is Intel's direct replacement for their overclocking behemoth known as the 965. The P35 Bearlake is not only newer with Penryn and 1333 FSB support, but overclocks on a level that the 965 could never dream of attaining.

The Intel X38 Express chipset is Intel's direct replacement to overall monster we know as the 975X chipset. This X38 Express chipset will offer Penryn and 1333 FSB support along with countless other features. It should overclock almost on par with the P35 and be MUCH faster in syntetics and gaming.

To give you some idea of how good the X38 will be, I am ditching this system:

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800
DFI LANParty UT NF680i LT T2R
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB PC2-8500
NVIDIA GeForce 8800Ultra SLi
Western Digital Raptor X (x5)
PC Power & Cooling 1kW Turbo Cool
CoolIT Systems FreeZone SLi Cooler
Custom Chilled Water Cooling

For this system:

Intel Wolfdale
DFI LANParty UT X38 Express T2R*
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB PC2-8500**
NVIDIA GeForce 8950GX2
Custom Chilled Water Cooling***

*Most likely the LANParty unless durring my testing the Bonetrail beats it.

**2GB PC2-8500 to start because I already have it, when DDR3 prices come down or I get some for testing, I will switch to the T3R revision board.

***Swapping for a Stage Three Cascade.
June 10, 2007 4:40:33 PM

Quote:
hey guys again,

The question of the day in my eyes is..... Is the P35 motherboard worth it ?? Im not sure about the motherboard i havent properly read into it, all i know is about the memory boostage, the high speed FSB, and the new DDRIII ram. (which means it is a motherboard for the future).

Do these motherboards support SLI, i know some support crossfire but im yet to find one that supports SLI, i might not have to look for but at the moment i havent found any.

Which P35 motherboard is the best, what features and advantages do you gain through this new chipset?

DDRIII memory.. Is there any good stuff out there? i have read a few other posts about how **** the stuff is? Is the GeIL sticks the best?

Are the RAM and Motherboards STABLE? AND TESTED PROPERLY? or is it a flop.

Overall is it worth upgrading to the P35 when you can easilly get some really good stuff for P65 P75 650 or 680.

Well it depends on wheather your going to upgrade or not. If you think your going to go straight to a fresh build instead of upgrading then the p35 isnt worth it as ddr3 is way to expencive.

If on the other hand you want to keep upgrading then the p35 is the way forward.
June 10, 2007 4:47:30 PM

Quote:
The Intel P35 Bearlake chipset is Intel's direct replacement for their overclocking behemoth known as the 965. The P35 Bearlake is not only newer with Penryn and 1333 FSB support, but overclocks on a level that the 965 could never dream of attaining.

The Intel X38 Express chipset is Intel's direct replacement to overall monster we know as the 975X chipset. This X38 Express chipset will offer Penryn and 1333 FSB support along with countless other features. It should overclock almost on par with the P35 and be MUCH faster in syntetics and gaming.

To give you some idea of how good the X38 will be, I am ditching this system:

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800
DFI LANParty UT NF680i LT T2R
NVIDIA GeForce 8800Ultra SLi
Custom Chilled Water Cooling

For this system:

Intel Wolfdale
DFI LANParty UT X38 Express T2R*
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB PC2-8500**
NVIDIA GeForce 8950GX2
Custom Chilled Water Cooling***

*Most likely the LANParty unless durring my testing the Bonetrail beats it.

**2GB PC2-8500 to start because I already have it, when DDR3 prices come down or I get some for testing, I will switch to the T3R revision board.

***Swapping for a Stage Three Cascade.

What are you going to with your old system then? Hell I might be in the market to buy yours if your considering to sell it.
June 10, 2007 5:19:06 PM

I am selling:

Apple iPod Nano 4GB

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (Lapped)
3800MHz on 1.475v

EVGA GeForce 8800GTX
EVGA GeForce 8800GTX

DFI Infinity 975X/G (NIB)
DFI Infinity Dark NF650i Ultra (NIB)
DFI LANParty UT NF680i LT T2R (NIB)

(The $300 version)

Wester Digital Raptor X
Wester Digital Raptor X
Wester Digital Raptor X
Seagate Cheetah 15k 18GB SAS
PCI SAS Card (Not RAID)
3ware PCI SATA RAID (6 ports)

Zalman 9500 LED
CoolerMaster Gemini II
Many 1/2" OD Barbs (NIB)
Aqua Computer Cuplex XT (NIB)

PC Power & Cooling 750W Quad
June 10, 2007 11:37:39 PM

i have had a load of mixed opinions and i want to settle it straight. I am planning on building a NEW system. Should i go for 650/680i mobo or the new P35 mobo. I want SLI but it looks like i cant get it so ill just hav to get a higher range of nvidia card instead. So which of these mobos is best for building a NEW system --- 650i / 680i / P35 ....

how much are you selling the eVGA's for.... and have you got a website/msn
June 11, 2007 12:11:16 AM

P35
June 11, 2007 1:28:01 AM

Remember guys P35s support both ddrII and ddrIII
Gigabytes P35c DS3R has slots for both and I'm sure lots of other companies are going this route as well(DFI Biostar Abit etc.). They're also just as cheap as P965 boards and usually overclock better and have much more options considering all the ICH9R boards. I don't see Why anyone would not go for the P35.
June 11, 2007 1:42:11 AM

yeah im looking at the P35 and i have norrowed it down to 2, the Asus P5K3 Deluxe and the MSI P35 Diamond or something, i like features for both and keeping in mind im looking for a pc gaming and studying machine. I was leaning towards the MSI butttt newegg doesnt have it so i just as easilly switched to the P5K3 deluxe.

Now which memory should i be looking at getting. If iget DDRII can i use both DDRII and DDRIII if i get sum of that aswell at the same time? or will it result in cocking up the pc.

So i put it to you to inform me on which memory to get, i was looking at the patriot ram that got the editors choice on toms hardware.. that costs about $170 - $200 but should i be in the market for good ram if im gunna have to change it when the DDRIII comes out. like i dont want anything CRAP but i would like something good enough to keep and will get me through games and my computer quickly till the big price drop.

Also one more thing, should i wait till the new 8800 series cards come out before i purchase my 8800GTX, should i wait and reap the rewards if there will be a price drop...

Thanks
June 11, 2007 1:50:30 AM

I have some Crucial Tracer LED 2GB PC2-8500 for $200?
June 11, 2007 2:08:16 AM

For my new July 22nd Q6600 Game/Programming Rig, I was originally going to go with P965 Asus P5B Deluxe (wifiAP), with Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800.....
(with a 8800GTS)

THink I should pick one of those P35s....?
And - by that time, Should I still stick with ddr2 (1066), or go with a more expensive ddr3 set.....
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
June 11, 2007 2:38:15 AM

Quote:

Now which memory should i be looking at getting. If iget DDRII can i use both DDRII and DDRIII if i get sum of that aswell at the same time? or will it result in cocking up the pc.

One or the other. Not both at the same time.
June 12, 2007 1:03:13 PM

Holy cow, Proof, you putting like $5000 in a PC every 6 months or something? Jeez.
July 9, 2007 9:08:00 PM

williamfontaine said:
Holy cow, Proof, you putting like $5000 in a PC every 6 months or something? Jeez.

Money to burn.

OR

He's a professional gamer.

OR

His e-penis needs it.

OR

He's a liar.

My guess is the first one. :sol: 

July 9, 2007 10:31:57 PM

No, X38 is comming! :pt1cable: 
!