Naming files with Greek letters

Using the extended ASCII characters (Alt key plus the numbers 224 through
239 using the NumPad), Greek letters can be created and used to name files.

Any Windows OS problems with this?

Thanks

[[File names in Windows XP Professional can be up to 255 characters and can
contain spaces, multiple periods, and special characters that are not
allowed in MS-DOS file names.]]

[[The 8.3 format means that files can have between 1 and 8 characters in the
file name. The name must start with a letter or a number and can contain
any characters except the following:

. " / \ [ ] : ; | = , * ? (space)

Several special file names are reserved by the system and cannot be used for
files or folders:

CON, AUX, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, PRN, NUL ]]

File Names in Windows XP Professional
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/reskit/en-us/prkc_fil_rbrx.asp

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eeHVbgkaFHA.3572@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Robert M. Lincoln <robert.nospam@americanriver.com> hunted and pecked:
> Using the extended ASCII characters (Alt key plus the numbers 224 through
> 239 using the NumPad), Greek letters can be created and used to name
> files.
>
> Any Windows OS problems with this?
>
> Thanks

why dont you just add the greek language in xp from Control panel> language
settings.?

Thats what I do, and I am using XP english and I write greek also.