Wccc-pc-tutor

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
Hi all,

I have had at least 3 BSOD, since waking up this morning. It has happened, maybe once or twice in the past week. I have not recently added any new software. I have added a new video card and 1 gig, making now 2 gigs, of memory approximately 2 weeks ago.

From Computer Mgmt:
Product: Windows Operating System
Event ID: 51
Source: cdrom
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: IO_WARNING_PAGING_FAILURE
Message: An error was detected on device %1 during a paging operation.

I have used the "almost brand new" cdrom for awhile now.

I have had Event ID 3, 4, 20, 51, 1101, 4374, 4375, 4385, 12290 and etc.

I'm using Vista Business.

I don't know what all to include, but if you ask, I will let you know.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Robert B. Orris

How would it not be compatible?? The card just needs the same slot as the board (PCIe, PCI, or AGP). The card obviously fits (the OP is getting a display), so compatibility isn't an issue.

Wccc-pc-tutor

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009

Hi aford10,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I check the ". . . running in PIO mode . . " and it had the correct setting.

I will download the ". . . http://www.memtest86.com/. . " and will do that shortly.

I ran the compatibility advisor before installing Vista Business. My video card was not compatible, so I went shopping for one that was. My psu was sufficient, according to the information I found online, but I bought one the other day. I will be replacing the old psu tomorrow or Monday.

I will post the outcome on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Robert B. Orris

bandbweb

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
Sorry for the late reply.

I've been sick for most of the past week.

Well, I finally had the opportuntity to switch out the power supply. "StarTech.com; Model: ATX2POW45HS - Warning for ATX24PINsocket ONLY!" : - ( Yes, you interpreted my non-smiley symbol right. : - )

Long story short. I know I gave the individual/company the right information, Including My Motherboard!

Well, I'm still getting the B. S. O. D., so I am going to start the long process of returning and getting the right PSU.

By the way, I removed the power connection for the external fan from the PSU cable and my fan no longer works. Please don't ask! Thanks! : - ) Any suggestions?

I'm thankful that the PSU still works.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

bandbweb

Wccc-pc-tutor

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009

Hi,

Well, I should be getting the psu replacement, 24 pin connector for a 20 pin ATX power connector, today or tomorrow and installing a day later.

After some "intense" detective work, the culprit causing the B. S. O. D., was Webroot Spysweeper. Webroot Spysweeper had a compatibility issue with Vista or Vista had a compatibility problem with Webroot Spysweeper. Anyway, no recent B. S. O. D.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

bandbweb