Quick method of sendingreduced size pics via email

June 6, 2005 9:51:09 AM

I find that in XP when I use the quick method of sending photos via email
(right click the photo in Windows Explorer and select 'send to' and select
'mail recipient') I get the photo listed as a file but I also get the photo
inserted
in the body of the email.
I notice that a lot of users say that it is not possible

Blair
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 10:23:56 AM

Hi,

To embed the picture in the email itself, they need to be set for using html
(rich text) format. If they are set to plain text only for their email
format, they would only get an attachment.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
>I find that in XP when I use the quick method of sending photos via email
> (right click the photo in Windows Explorer and select 'send to' and select
> 'mail recipient') I get the photo listed as a file but I also get the
> photo
> inserted
> in the body of the email.
> I notice that a lot of users say that it is not possible
>
> Blair

June 6, 2005 5:57:04 PM

I was always able to resize & send directly to my e-mail from {My Pictures}
folder until about 2-3 weeks ago. The resizer & auto send to my e-mail just
stopped working. I loved that feature & cannot get an answer on how to fix
it? I use html & always have that hasn't changed, I even rechecked to be
sure...I'm puzzled???
JanisD

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To embed the picture in the email itself, they need to be set for using html
> (rich text) format. If they are set to plain text only for their email
> format, they would only get an attachment.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> >I find that in XP when I use the quick method of sending photos via email
> > (right click the photo in Windows Explorer and select 'send to' and select
> > 'mail recipient') I get the photo listed as a file but I also get the
> > photo
> > inserted
> > in the body of the email.
> > I notice that a lot of users say that it is not possible
> >
> > Blair

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 1:17:19 AM

OE shows attached pictures as if they were inserted.

"Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message news:#$GlZNlaFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I find that in XP when I use the quick method of sending photos via email
> (right click the photo in Windows Explorer and select 'send to' and select
> 'mail recipient') I get the photo listed as a file but I also get the photo
> inserted
> in the body of the email.
> I notice that a lot of users say that it is not possible
>
> Blair

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 11:05:40 AM

Type in Start Run
regsvr32 shimgvw
regsvr32 sendmail

"JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6932B5D4-1025-468A-A57F-CBFDCA947ADB@microsoft.com...
> I was always able to resize & send directly to my e-mail from {My Pictures}
> folder until about 2-3 weeks ago. The resizer & auto send to my e-mail just
> stopped working. I loved that feature & cannot get an answer on how to fix
> it? I use html & always have that hasn't changed, I even rechecked to be
> sure...I'm puzzled???
> JanisD
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > To embed the picture in the email itself, they need to be set for using html
> > (rich text) format. If they are set to plain text only for their email
> > format, they would only get an attachment.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >
> > "Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> > >I find that in XP when I use the quick method of sending photos via email
> > > (right click the photo in Windows Explorer and select 'send to' and select
> > > 'mail recipient') I get the photo listed as a file but I also get the
> > > photo
> > > inserted
> > > in the body of the email.
> > > I notice that a lot of users say that it is not possible
> > >
> > > Blair

June 7, 2005 11:05:41 AM

I had such high hopes, but this fix didn't work either...Any other ideas??? I
need to call HP I guess.
I go into{My Pictures} highlight a pic. click on {e-mail this file} on the
left of the page & the pop-up comes up & acts like it is resizing the pic.
BUT then the browse feature comes up in my sbc yahoo page. So bascially I
have to go back & resize a pic. before sending. It was just so much more
convenient before & I didn't do a thing to make it change like it did,
something must be corrupt. I use a firewall, SpyBot & AdAware & of course a
anti-virus program.

Thanks again, JanisD

"David Candy" wrote:

> Type in Start Run
> regsvr32 shimgvw
> regsvr32 sendmail

> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.htm...
> "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6932B5D4-1025-468A-A57F-CBFDCA947ADB@microsoft.com...
> > I was always able to resize & send directly to my e-mail from {My Pictures}
> > folder until about 2-3 weeks ago. The resizer & auto send to my e-mail just
> > stopped working. I loved that feature & cannot get an answer on how to fix
> > it? I use html & always have that hasn't changed, I even rechecked to be
> > sure...I'm puzzled???
> > JanisD
> >
> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > To embed the picture in the email itself, they need to be set for using html
> > > (rich text) format. If they are set to plain text only for their email
> > > format, they would only get an attachment.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best of Luck,
> > >
> > > Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> > > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > >
> > > "Blair" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 10:41:56 PM

If you have a problem with a web site talk to the web site. That will fix the problem if using a mail client like OE.

!