Thrstbster6

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I had some old logitech Z-560's and the amp went out on me. I hooked up some outdoor speakers to the system along wit the 4 otehr speakers, so i figure I managed to destroy the amp in it. The sub has speaker wire connections for its satalite speakers. So my speakers wen tou tandi needed nother set not knowing if I really did destroy the old ones by adding more speakers. They were having trouble before and are 4 years old. So i go out and buy the Z-5300e's and boy was ai surprised at hte connections on the back are not speaker wire connections but a single jack. Now i am pissed and cant connect my outdoor speakers to my new speaker sets.

So my question is Does Creative make a sound card with a front hook up that I can connect say an reciver to it and connect my outdoor speakers to it. I would liek to be able to controll the sound from the pc and be able to use my extensive music collection that is on my pc. I have a remoe i an change songs with while outside. The reciever is just there to send the signal to the speakers since i cant connect them to my Z5300e's. Am i crazy? Which setup would you recommend using which card? Sound quality is important but I will be limted by costs. I like music but I dont need the top of the line stuff as you can see by my current speakrs.

Hooking up home speaker's directly to your PC amp can be a problem.
If the ohm's rating is different, yes you can fry either the amp or the speakers. But honestly, I don't know what your home speakers or the Logitech AMP is rated for. You need to hook the system up through an external amp (or receiver if it has a built-in amp). I have simply used the headset output hooked to the aux. input on my home amp to drive my home speakers from my pc. Has worked fine for me. You may have to buy a splitter to split the single line into left and right inputs for your amp.