I got it fixed!
I would like to thank aford10 for his thread. If you could post here so I could give you Best Answer.
I used the ComboFix; Microsoft Security Essentials; Malwarebytes and CCcleaner. The ComboFix is what helped the most. My browser was hijacked and ComboFix got it back for me. Then I downloaded MSE and it found the virus/malware and got rid of it...which AVG was unable to do. Then I ran Malwarebytes and CCcleaner to double check things. Now everything seems to be back to normal, if not even better since I cleaned a few other things out as well.
This was a great learning experience, although very frustrating. My only advice for people here on Tom's is to make sure your AV software is UPDATED; all of this could have been avoided if the AV was updated.
I feel that really any AV software will block the vast majority of issues upfront as long as it is up to date. But in my case where AV was not updated and something got by. AVG was my primary AV protection and it was unable to find the virus/malware no matter what mode I was in; Safe Mode w/ or w/o network on, or in normal mode.
I have moved on to Microsoft Security Essentials as my primary active AV protection, with Malwarebytes and CCcleaner to run scans.