Microsoft DirectX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley280

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
Hey,

I am having trouble installing the latest DirectX on my computer. I have downloaded the latest DirectX End-User Runtime from Microsoft.

When I run the program it says “a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.”

I have looked in services and the Cryptographic service is on and working fine.
I have tried the installation in safe mode but still no luck.
Anyone have any ideas
Thanks Ash

What versio of DirectX are you downloading and what OS and service pack do you have?

Do you have Windows Update running automatically? If not, run it and do the updates. Then try installing DirectX again.

Keep in mind DX10 is not meant for XP or lower.

It's probably an issue with the games, there is no newer version than what's in Windows 7, and you can't install an older version over it. What's happening is that the games are programmed to look for a specific version of DX or lower. Since it's higher than what the game knows to look for, it thinks it's the wrong version. They may be Windows 7 patches for them though, or some other work-around to get them to work, but that's really game specific.

morgan7881

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
cant be an issue with the game installed rift on my computer no problem ,trying to install it on bf computer same error ,i have windows vista ultimate ,he has home addition

Status
Not open for further replies.