Solved

Flight Sim 2004

Hello to all,

I am running on Windows XP Pro, Intel 2.56Ghz, 160 GB HD. After downloading and installing the patch update for FS9, I added the NO-Crack CD so that I could run FS9 without the #4 CD. Ever since my scenery library no longer loads, I get a fatal error message, "AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.0.40901 ModName: util.dll.

I tried to re-install FS9, however, I still get the same error.

Does anyone have any suggestions, Thanks!!!!!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about flight 2004
  1. when you reloaded did you put the no cd crack back in?
    If so try to reload without that and get it working and then we can try the crack.
  2. Thanks for the quick reply. No! I did not reload the no crack cd. The program opens ok, and I can load a flight situation, but, if I try to load say another scenery, it attemps to but stays at "0% Loading scenery objects" then after a minute or so, I get the Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered an error and must shut down.

Any suggestions?
  3. Best answer
    I would say to try this.
    Unfortunatly you will have to install again but this will help to make sure that there are no artifacts left over that could cause a problem.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846
  4. pat mcgroin said:
    when you reloaded did you put the no cd crack back in?
    If so try to reload without that and get it working and then we can try the crack.
  5. pat mcgroin said:
    I would say to try this.
    Unfortunatly you will have to install again but this will help to make sure that there are no artifacts left over that could cause a problem.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888846

Ok! I'll give it a try.
  6. Well, to make a long story short, I simply re-installed FS2004 and renamed the folder, rather than using; program/microsoft games/Flight Simulator 9, I listed it ; /Flight Simulator 2004.

That has taken care of the issue.
  7. glad to hear
Ask a new question

Read More

CD-Rom Windows XP