Sign in with
Your question

Got a DVD Burner; do I need my CD burner anymore?

Last response: in Storage
June 10, 2007 9:44:33 PM

The title explains my question.

I used to have a DVD-Rom drive and a CD burner, but now have a DVD Burner wih my new build, and wanted to avoid instaling the old CD burner.

I am assuming that I wouldn't need the CD burner anymore; am I missing anything? My CD burner is 52x24x52x.

Just wanted to check in case anyone thinks of any considerations before I eBay it!

Thanks.
June 10, 2007 10:15:54 PM

ebay the antique :lol: 
a b G Storage
June 10, 2007 10:40:10 PM

And let us know how much you got for it on eBay :lol:  :lol:  It's not worth the postage stamps, what with DVD-RW burners at $30.

You'll be fine, DVD burners can burn CDs. Even the junk I got in 2004 could do it. If you use Nero Express you'll just have to pick "CD" instead of "DVD" from the dropdown list on the main page.
Related resources
June 12, 2007 7:59:36 PM

Thank you! I'll stick to the new drive.
June 12, 2007 8:21:38 PM

Always nice to have that back-up though...;)
June 12, 2007 9:08:55 PM

Well you can go three ways, you can keep both drives in for on-the-fly copying, burning CD's while watching a DVD, leaving a game disc in the drive while doing something else etc. Or you can pull the CD burner and keep it in case your DVD burner dies (you'd ant to grab a new DVD burner quick but the CD could keep you going), or you can chuck the CD drive. Personally I'd go with 2 or 3 depending on whether or not you are likely to have the spare cash to hop over to Fry's and snag a new DVD burner right away or not.
June 12, 2007 9:20:16 PM

Agreed I keep my extra drives just in case something happens. :wink:
June 14, 2007 6:11:46 AM

if you want to burn cd audio, keep it
if not ,sell it
!