Auzentech X-plosion VS Creativ X-fi xtremegamer fatal1ty

ali123

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
At my local retailers these are the cards that I found around the same price range, I will be using speakers and headphones( headphones mostly) and I was wondering which would be the best? I'm using it for games like cs and unreal tournament and I also listen to alot of music thx

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006

Hahaha, well, according to the so popular user Dasickninja, Auzuntech has proved to be waaay better than creative. However, I havent tried the card nor the X-fis (I have a 2ZS) so I cant really say which one would sound better.

What I can tell you is that if you gonna spend money on a sound card, please use a good pair of headphones or set of speakers or else, it will be worthless.

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
lol. Anyway, I have no experience with the Auzentech X-plosion, but I have an X-Fi Xtreme Gamer and I have no complaints, the sound quality is great.

Speaking of Auzentech and the X-Fi. Check out the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1. Creative licensed the use of the X-Fi APU to Auzentech and the Prelude is the first 3rd party licensed product from Creative. All preliminary reviews are that it is going to be a really nice card with all the features of an X-Fi without all the driver issues and bloatware that come with Creative branded products.

All news indicates the Prelude should be hitting the retail outlets come the end of this month (June), if you can wait to make a purchase.