Strange Audio Problem

videodood

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Hi there!! Gotta strange Audio Problem recently. While I use various audio applications, the audio suddenly stops working (the microsoft audio service stops).

When it stops, suddenly the windows xp graphics also appear to revert back to like the old Windows 98 grey style as well. I hate that.

Anyways...I just learned how to turn the audio back on without rebooting. I went into the "services.msc" and turn audio back on. I set it to automatically. I'm not sure if this is a permanent fix or not.

Does anyone know about this one? And or know a permanent fix?

thanks

You may have a video/sound conflict.
Could be a IRQ issue. Do you have a sound card or a gfx card?
If so, take it out , boot up without it in, close down windows, and replace card back into your rig. Alot of times, this helps resolve IRQ issues, once the system recognizes the "new" HW, as its reintroduced into your system

videodood

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
What I have is an internal realtek sound card on my mainboard and I also use a an external usb sound device for my recording. Recently I was using the usb plug in device for all things just to save me the hassle of plugging things in and out. I just unplugged the usb thing and resetup the realtek card, but it still seems to be having the issue. At least I learned how to turn it back on in the services.msc

It seems to occur while I try and use the sound device for different things simultaneously. Though I never had the problem before. So i was rather surprised.

lbob

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
I have a similar problem.

Videodood, have yoy by any chance found a solution so far ?

Cheers.

Bob