Sign in with
Your question

Intel Powered F1 is too powerfull

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Intel
Last response: in CPUs
June 11, 2007 2:00:48 AM

Intel powered is too powerful and can't be handle.
http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/photolarge.php?photoID=76354

More about : intel powered powerfull

June 11, 2007 2:39:38 AM

him and the F1 car behind him were probably like *(&&^&*%^&$%(*&*
June 11, 2007 7:45:00 AM

So thats what happens when you OC too far. :mrgreen:
Related resources
June 11, 2007 8:43:19 AM

Dam it! u beat me to it lol. i was to busy thinking off a catchy title to blow off the INTEL FAN BOYS! oh well, it was pretty darn spectacular eh. all that and only a broken leg. U gotta love it when a race car crashes like that and everything just goes kablooee with $h!t flying everywhere. Would have been funnier if we saw AMD's car scream past...
June 11, 2007 9:01:36 AM

That was actually a very very nasty crash, and he was extremely luck to get away with only a broken leg.

He smashed into a concrete barrier around 190mph, and didn't move in his cockpit for around 10 mins or so. He looked so lifeless it was a bit disturbing :?
June 11, 2007 9:05:36 AM

Pretty incredible only a broken leg in all that. Those drivers must have super human g-force handling capabilities.
June 11, 2007 9:21:34 AM

Turns out he didnt break his leg, only suffered from concussion and a sprained ankle. He might even race next week if hes lucky. His name was Robert Kubica btw.
June 11, 2007 9:53:35 AM

That was not funny dude ... you do realize that there is a man in there now who could be seriously injured???
June 11, 2007 9:57:33 AM

They were using a Prescott P4. Naughty naughty!

:oops: 
June 11, 2007 10:12:08 AM

Quote:
They were using a Prescott P4. Naughty naughty!

:oops: 

if they were using a Prescott it would have burst into flames...
June 11, 2007 10:17:54 AM

if it were a p4 presscott amd's car woulda lapped it several times already. in all seriousness it was a horendous crash and could have been fatal but the point is that he was not seriously hurt and it looked spectacular so that gives us reason 2 see the sunny, funny side of it.
June 11, 2007 10:42:57 AM

It is not down to luck that he is fine. These cars are seriously strong. 10 years ago he'd probably have been dead.
June 11, 2007 10:48:32 AM

I do know that - the crash was a horrible way to demonstrate yet again that the cockpit remained almost intact which is a terrific engineering achievement.

But if you watch the crash again, he IS lucky not to hit the stationary car, not to hit any other cars as he shoots across the track and damned lucky to to land on his head when the car is doing flips.

It is down to engineering to keep him as safe as possible, and despit what you say, down to luck to avoid the worse possible accident.
June 11, 2007 10:48:52 AM

Quote:
if it were a p4 presscott amd's car woulda lapped it several times already. in all seriousness it was a horendous crash and could have been fatal but the point is that he was not seriously hurt and it looked spectacular so that gives us reason 2 see the sunny, funny side of it.

Yeah it's good that he's ok. I wouldn't be saying that if he weren't.

However I will say one thing: we can't tell from that photo weather or not the AMD car lapped him. So I technically could still be right! 8O
June 11, 2007 10:58:58 AM

At first glance it looks like that's the visor on his helmet.... facing the WRONG WAY! Looks like his head's on backwards, or it was a REALLY bad crash... But oh no... it's just some artwork :) 

Yeah, I would say "luckily" he walked away from this with no serious injuries... But there was no luck about it. These cars are designed to keep the driver alive and unharmed, and they do a magnificent job. The designers of these cars really are life-savers.
a c 117 à CPUs
June 11, 2007 12:05:49 PM

Edit: Inserted frame of what I think is the AMD/Shell/Marlboro Ferrari just missing the Intel crash. (Would the boys in the Pits have a row?)

:lol: 
June 11, 2007 12:28:42 PM

As I am a huge F1 fan, I was watching the race live and was horriffied by that sickening crash. Fortunately, Robert Kubica is fine, he didn't even break his leg after all! Just a sprained right ankle and a mild concussion. I'm just gutted because Ferrari got trounced again. :cry: 
June 11, 2007 12:57:16 PM

...just for the AMD fanboys, the Ferrari F2007 just in front of him in one of the first frames IS sponsored by AMD -- you can see only the top of the logo on the rear wing endplate, partially blocked by the left rear wheel.

Yes, it was a pretty scary crash and it was hard to tell what happened to cause it.
June 11, 2007 5:27:07 PM

Quote:
...just for the AMD fanboys, the Ferrari F2007 just in front of him in one of the first frames IS sponsored by AMD -- you can see only the top of the logo on the rear wing endplate, partially blocked by the left rear wheel.

Yes, it was a pretty scary crash and it was hard to tell what happened to cause it.

Kubica clipped the tail end of Jarno Truly's Toyota attempting an overtaking move on the outside of that sweeping left curve preceeding the right turn. He was then vaulted off the track, where he fist collected the stationary Spyker of Sutil and then hit the concrete wall with immense force. The rest is history. The amazing thing is that the Pole remembered the whole thing afterwards!

Yes, AMD is one of Ferrari's sponsors and has been for several years now. Do you reckon that's why Ferrari is not doing well recently? I knew there was a good reason I hated AMD, I just couln't pinpoint it...

A despondent Ferrari fanatic.
June 11, 2007 5:28:51 PM

Quote:

Kubica clipped the tail end of Jarno Truly's Toyota attempting an overtaking move on the outside of that sweeping left curve preceeding the right turn. He was then vaulted off the track, where he fist collected the stationary Spyker of Sutil and then hit the concrete wall with immense force. The rest is history. The amazing thing is that the Pole remembered the whole thing afterwards!

Yes, AMD is one of Ferrari's sponsors and has been for several years now. Do you reckon that's why Ferrari is not doing well recently? I knew there was a good reason I hated AMD, I just couln't pinpoint it...

A despondent Ferrari fanatic.
a c 102 à CPUs
June 11, 2007 7:40:27 PM

The car was running Windows, that's why it crashed! :D 

Luckily for the driver, he didn't get the Blue Screen of Death and only had a sprained ankle.
June 11, 2007 8:03:53 PM

stop whining.. you dont think he know the risk of his own job?
June 11, 2007 8:05:48 PM

Intel wins races (Mercedes and err... actually everyone uses Intel)
AMD is trailing behind (Ferrari)

Needless to say more?
June 12, 2007 6:47:55 AM

see i told u guys that amd was ahead of intel most probably because as we stated it may have been a P4 presscott powered car.
I think that hitting the wall was not the scariest moment of that crash but after watching the replay and noticing the 2 wheels are lyk 1m off the ground, it would be the worst feeling that a wall was ahead and u couldnt turn!!! poor bugger
June 12, 2007 8:08:42 AM

Quote:
Intel wins races (Mercedes and err... actually everyone uses Intel)
AMD is trailing behind (Ferrari)

Needless to say more?

Both Ferrari and McLaren-Mercedes have 3 victories apiece this year. Still not good enough for the most successful team in motoracing history (28 F1 World titles compared to McLaren's 15).
June 12, 2007 8:58:25 AM

that was a pretty vicious one. I'm polish, Kubica is polish and guess how the newspapers here looked like yesterday... and today... and prob'ly tommorow as well

btw - has anyone noticed, that his legs can be clearly seen on some photos ?

he was very, very lucky he didn't hit the second wall having his ankles as a crash protection system

-

he is fine, and wants to drive in the next grand prix, US one, which starts (training) on... thursday :-D
June 12, 2007 5:28:27 PM

Quote:

Have you ever been involved in a car crash??? I can personally tell you it’s not a pleasant sensation even at 80 Km/H… How do you think you would feel if crashing at 280Km/H … of course they know what the risk are but it’s a calculated risk nobody wants to be involved in such an accident, that can be fatal to the pilot!!!

I can assure there is nothing funny in being involved in such an accident on the contrary it’s a highly traumatic experience for a man. But I would not expect someone like you to understand something like this.

You’re post shows you’re an ignorant fool that knows nothing about motor sports and common sense in general…

I bet that for you it’s just a show is it??? Jesus I really don’t understand retarded people like you…

Please grow up and post after you’ve developed a brain.
June 12, 2007 6:26:02 PM

Quote:
It is not down to luck that he is fine. These cars are seriously strong. 10 years ago he'd probably have been dead.

Seems almost remenisant of the ayrton senna crash, except senna died and kubica didnt, god i f***** hate williams for that!

LOL if thats what intel does having in you car make you go that fast, ill have that in my car please! :) 
June 12, 2007 6:30:11 PM

Quote:

Have you ever been involved in a car crash??? I can personally tell you it’s not a pleasant sensation even at 80 Km/H… How do you think you would feel if crashing at 280Km/H … of course they know what the risk are but it’s a calculated risk nobody wants to be involved in such an accident, that can be fatal to the pilot!!!

I can assure there is nothing funny in being involved in such an accident on the contrary it’s a highly traumatic experience for a man. But I would not expect someone like you to understand something like this.

You’re post shows you’re an ignorant fool that knows nothing about motor sports and common sense in general…

I bet that for you it’s just a show is it??? Jesus I really don’t understand retarded people like you…

Please grow up and post after you’ve developed a brain.

Not everybody thinks the same way you do dude.....I had a crash at about 50mph into a roundabout n was lucky i didnt flip my car........will this change the way i drive??......Hell no!

Its not traumatic for robert kubica if it was he wouldnt race cuz hed be scared of going over 30mph, sure the crash was scary for him but you watch, hel be racing round the circuit next weekend ant indinapolis.
!