Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why are youtube videos all choppy?

Last response: in Applications
October 3, 2010 4:09:47 PM

Hi, I've been a problem viewing youtube videos in 360p, they load complete and sound fine but the videos are choppy as hell, I can play them at 240p but I don't want this as it's a bad viewing experience now I tried the downloading media player 10 and it still doesn't do anything, please help me with this problem as it never happened before and I don't know the cause of this. Do I need to give what specs I'm running on mt computer? Is there a virus that is doing this?

Any help is welcome.

More about : youtube videos choppy

October 4, 2010 12:15:14 AM

Adobe Flash Player is what Youtube uses, not a media player. Try updating it and it might work better. Also since the new flash can use the graphics card, try updating your graphics card drivers too.
October 5, 2010 3:15:15 PM

Enable hardware acceleration.
Related resources
October 12, 2010 12:04:12 AM

jrocks84 said:
Adobe Flash Player is what Youtube uses, not a media player. Try updating it and it might work better. Also since the new flash can use the graphics card, try updating your graphics card drivers too.

I can't upgrade the card because I have a built in one so I can't

and I did get flash and nothing is different
October 12, 2010 12:04:38 AM

Tamz_msc said:
Enable hardware acceleration.

This makes it worse
October 12, 2010 6:46:32 PM

jrocks84 said:
Also since the new flash can use the graphics card, try updating your graphics card drivers too.
Grenseal said:
I can't upgrade the card because I have a built in one so I can't
jrock isn't suggesting you upgrade the card. The suggestion was to update your drivers. That's the software that runs your hardware. It's a good idea BTW.

October 12, 2010 9:44:31 PM

rwpritchett said:
jrock isn't suggesting you upgrade the card. The suggestion was to update your drivers. That's the software that runs your hardware. It's a good idea BTW.

Doesn't that cost a lot of money? I don't have any kind of money for that these days, which is why I don't upgrade anything unless it's free.
October 12, 2010 9:56:19 PM

Drivers are free. You must download them so I guess you must pay for an internet connection (TINSTAFL). However, since you are using an online forum I would assume that the internet cost has already been applied.

How about this: what is your hardware and what operating system are you using? Pre-built computer model, motherboard, onboard graphics chip?
April 23, 2011 10:04:53 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!