Installing a new mouse

roycymru

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
Hope you can help with what may seem a simple request, but not simple to me as I haven't done it before.

I have an existing microsoft PS/2 mouse installed but want to replace it with an Optical Wheel Mouse plugged into the USB. I presume I have to uninstall my existing mouse first, but how do I go about it? If I do uninstall my existing mouse first how do I then go about operating the computer to go through the installation of the new mouse if I don't have an existing mouse to do this! Or do I install the USB mouse first and then uninstall the PS/2 mouse, if so, how?

So you can see I am getting very confused. If anyone can provide a simple step by step guide of what to do it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Roy

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
depending on your version of windows there will be no problem. if its at least windows 98 all you need to do is turn off the computer, unplug the old one and plug in the new one. then turn it on, if all goes well it will install automaticaly. usb is cool like that.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
But can you have 2 pointers to use at the same time? :eek:

<i><font color=blue>The only difference between 200 fps and 300 fps is the blink of the eyes.</font color=blue></i>