Celeron D's Overclocking

I was wanting to know if I am going away from home overclocking my Celeron D 345 Prescott with socket 775 LGA 3.06GHz Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3 Motherboard P4M800CE-8237 VIA Chipset Nvidia TI 4200 64 MB Video Card AGP Memory 512 @ 400MHz PC3200 Corsair
My system Temp stays @ 30c-41c standard Intel heatsink and fan with one inlet and one exhaust fan never had a heat problem.

I am not into alot of gaming just want boot time and system responses faster.

I plan to get the Dell XPS 720 H2C with in the next year should I just wait.
4 answers Last reply
More about celeron overclocking
  1. Quote:
    I was wanting to know if I am going away from home overclocking my Celeron D 345 Prescott with socket 775 LGA 3.06GHz Instructions MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3 Motherboard P4M800CE-8237 VIA Chipset Nvidia TI 4200 64 MB Video Card AGP Memory 512 @ 400MHz PC3200 Corsair
    My system Temp stays @ 30c-41c standard Intel heatsink and fan with one inlet and one exhaust fan never had a heat problem.

I am not into alot of gaming just want boot time and system responses faster.

I plan to get the Dell XPS 720 H2C with in the next year should I just wait.

Hey apparently Celeron D's overclock like no ones business to be able to help we need to know to know what motherboard you have and is it a Dell,HP, acer comuter or did you build it?

I personally think that over clocking your system wont improve boot up times or anything else with out another 512mb of RAM and a cheap video card like a 7300GT or 1600PRO.
  2. Just under-clock you RAM to 333 (resp. 320) MHz and raise the FSB, and remember to lock your PCI bus frequency. Celeron D's overclock nicely, I didn't ever overclock any 3+ ghz models but any 2,53-2,8 GHz models easily reach 3,6+ GHz, maybe with some voltage increase. However, get some utility like Throttlewatch and after OCing, have a look if the CPU doesn't throttle its clock speed because of overheating, 345 Celeron D is the first model with old core revision (346 is newer, 347 the newest with Cedar Mill core, all of them are clocked at 3066 MHz). I believe the temperature could get very high, as I've seen on many old prescott celerons/P4s. Just DO NOT believe the temperature readings of a cheap MSI mobo ;-) I've just build some PC with core2duo and MSI motherboard..however I was satysfied with CPU temp 15-17 degrees C (BIOS readings), I didn't really believe them : )
  3. Also remember to run Prime95 or SuperPI for 10-18 hours or even 24 hours to check for stability. If you are getting errors you can raise the voltage or lower the FSB. As previously said watch your temperatures. They should not go beyond 70*.
  4. don't buy a dell xps :) it isn't a wise solution, put it this way, if you are willing to overclock your celeron d, that you'd be much better off building a new computer yourself.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Celeron