Sharing printer

I have been trying to no avail to share a printer from my pc to my laptop. I
have installed the drivers from my HP 2100 series on the laptop. Printer is
set up to share from the PC (which the printer on the pc works perfectly)
When I try to share I get the message The printer spooler service is not
running.
What am I doing incorrectly? Please help!
1 answer Last reply
More about sharing printer

    Hi,

    Click start/run, type services.msc

    Check that the print spooler service is both running and set to automatic
    startup (double click it).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "PatK" <vegaspatk@cox.net> wrote in message
    >I have been trying to no avail to share a printer from my pc to my laptop.
    >I have installed the drivers from my HP 2100 series on the laptop. Printer
    >is set up to share from the PC (which the printer on the pc works
    >perfectly)
    > When I try to share I get the message The printer spooler service is not
    > running.
    > What am I doing incorrectly? Please help!

Laptops Hewlett Packard Microsoft Printers Windows XP