Google Malware?

G

I believe that I have Google malware on my computer. Whatever I would search for, I would click on the link then a pop up would appear and would show me another site that has nothing to do with it.

Here's an example:

I would search for mail.yahoo then click on the link but a pop up appears right after I clicked on the link and the pop up is an advertisement I guess.

Any help?

I have Microsoft Windows XP Professional if that helps.

G

Okay thanks. So after I turn on my computer, I just click F8? Like is there anytime where I should click F8? Ive never ran in safe mode before.

Yes, there's a certain spot where it will take the f8 command. But instead of trying to explain when to do it, just keep tapping f8 when it's booting and you will get in. Safe mode is similar to normal windows with less programs running. It uses windows default video drivers as well, so everything will appear larger (lower resolution).

G

I have 2 accounts on my computer. A default computer administrator and a limited account. Will there be any problems?

G

So I run in safe mode then scan using Malwarebytes'. Then after it's done it would prompt me to restart the computer so after I restart the computer, do I need to run in safe mode again or just leave it as it is?

G

I let it boot up in safe mode with networking. Everything finished loading so now Im just on my desktop. I tried opening Malwarebytes' but it wont open.

G

Im not sure if Malwarebytes' will open if i reinstall it. So are you sure that it will work if I reinstall it? Im on the verge of taking your word for it..?

G

I do have a virus scanner but I cant really call it something that removes malware or adware/ spyware. I think it only removes visures that's why I have Malwarebytes'.

But you do know my problem right? Whenever I search for links on Google and click on the link another window pops up and shows an advertisement or it would scan my computer saying that I have infected files and I need to install a/the virus remover.

Oh and when I rebooted in safe mode w/ networking, a windows message appeared and said that I can restore windows back to normal or continue rebooting in safe mode.. somewhere along the lines. Which one do I choose?

G

Oh and one more thing, when i rebooted in safe mode w/ networking, my desktop was black and white. I mean EVERYTHING. And the resolution was slightly a little bit left to the side. Is that how it's supposed to be?

G

One last thing, when I scan my computer with Malwarebytes' then it finished scanning, it would prompt me like always to restart. After restarting, do i need to go back into safe mode or normal mode?

G

I scanned my computer w/ Malwarebytes (the fulls can).

It finished scanning then prompted me to reboot. So I rebooted so then after the computer started up again, i rescanned my computer then the same trojans/ etc.; came up again. Any help?