One Programming Running

I Windows XP Pro SP2 installed and use the fast user switching
feature. The zero user always has at least one program running when I
go into task manager. Nothing shows up on the Applications tab and a
lot of things with that userid show up on the processes tab. Any idea
what is being counted as a running program. Incidentally this also
happens on two other PCs.

Brian

Malke

bxb7668 wrote:

> I Windows XP Pro SP2 installed and use the fast user switching
> feature. The zero user always has at least one program running when I
> go into task manager. Nothing shows up on the Applications tab and a
> lot of things with that userid show up on the processes tab. Any idea
> what is being counted as a running program. Incidentally this also
> happens on two other PCs.
>
> Brian

1. Make sure all computers are 100% virus and malware-free. Post back if
you need help with that.

2. Try clean-boot troubleshooting:

Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers