One Programming Running

I Windows XP Pro SP2 installed and use the fast user switching
feature. The zero user always has at least one program running when I
go into task manager. Nothing shows up on the Applications tab and a
lot of things with that userid show up on the processes tab. Any idea
what is being counted as a running program. Incidentally this also
happens on two other PCs.

Brian
1 answer Last reply
More about programming running

    bxb7668 wrote:

    > I Windows XP Pro SP2 installed and use the fast user switching
    > feature. The zero user always has at least one program running when I
    > go into task manager. Nothing shows up on the Applications tab and a
    > lot of things with that userid show up on the processes tab. Any idea
    > what is being counted as a running program. Incidentally this also
    > happens on two other PCs.
    >
    > Brian

    1. Make sure all computers are 100% virus and malware-free. Post back if
    you need help with that.

    2. Try clean-boot troubleshooting:

    Clean Boot - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353
    and How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers