Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Change from XP Piratecopy to Win7?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 19, 2009 12:12:23 PM

Hello! :) 


I got a question it it's worth to upgrade from XP Pro to Windows7. I newly built myself a rig that I hope will last for three years

P5Q3 LGA775 DDR3
GTX260 898Mb
500Gb WD Green
Core2Quad Q9400(non-clocked) 775
2x2Gb Corsair Kit (can be upgraded at any time)
Some Crappy 16x Drive
800W Tagan PSU

What do you think? :)  Is it worth to upgrade to Win7?

Thanks for all opinions and answers :) 

More about : change piratecopy win7

a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 3:45:30 PM

tju2an said:
Hello! :) 


I got a question it it's worth to upgrade from XP Pro to Windows7. I newly built myself a rig that I hope will last for three years

P5Q3 LGA775 DDR3
GTX260 898Mb
500Gb WD Green
Core2Quad Q9400(non-clocked) 775
2x2Gb Corsair Kit (can be upgraded at any time)
Some Crappy 16x Drive
800W Tagan PSU

What do you think? :)  Is it worth to upgrade to Win7?

Thanks for all opinions and answers :) 


----------------------

Upgrade, but NOT for a piratecopy...this copies has many problems...or buy a vista and maybe can you get a discount for a upgrade to win 7...buy the x64 edition....is great...
a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 7:18:31 PM

I think OP means he's got a pirated version of XP on his machine and is wondering about upgrading to windows7. Sound about right?

Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 7:23:34 PM

aford10 said:
I think OP means he's got a pirated version of XP on his machine and is wondering about upgrading to windows7. Sound about right?


------------------

Yes, that's the idea
August 19, 2009 9:07:35 PM

As I bought my machine I had no OS, so I borrowed a Piratcopy of XP just to get the whole thing spinning, but I was wondering if Windows7 is better for my comp than XP is.

I won't upgrade to vista, got it on my laptop and I dislike the themes, functionality and Problems occur all the time, I hope Win7 Is better
a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 9:13:17 PM

tju2an said:
As I bought my machine I had no OS, so I borrowed a Piratcopy of XP just to get the whole thing spinning, but I was wondering if Windows7 is better for my comp than XP is.

I won't upgrade to vista, got it on my laptop and I dislike the themes, functionality and Problems occur all the time, I hope Win7 Is better


------------------

Yes, win 7 is more stable, and don't have many problems like vista....but how all the OS x64, the problems are the drivers....
August 19, 2009 9:17:20 PM

Is there no regular x32 able yet for Win7? And I am pretty sure that All manufacterers got x64 drivers, assuming they want they products sold to every new build
a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 9:26:58 PM

tju2an said:
Is there no regular x32 able yet for Win7? And I am pretty sure that All manufacterers got x64 drivers, assuming they want they products sold to every new build



-----------------

Yeah you right...all manufactures got x64 drivers for his products...but is a process that take time....
August 19, 2009 9:32:35 PM

Yes there is 32 bit Windows 7 release.

The RC1 is still good to go for a few months. I've decided I really want this OS so I will be lining up for it.

I believe they are still giving out the key but you have to source the install disk yourself. This way you will have a legitimate operating system, for a while at least.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/
a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 9:40:32 PM

tju2an said:
As I bought my machine I had no OS, so I borrowed a Piratcopy of XP just to get the whole thing spinning, but I was wondering if Windows7 is better for my comp than XP is.

I won't upgrade to vista, got it on my laptop and I dislike the themes, functionality and Problems occur all the time, I hope Win7 Is better



It's probably not a good idea to advertise that you are pirating windows. The moderators aren't big fans of that.

August 19, 2009 10:00:13 PM

I try to be honest in all cases, although I want a fresh, legal copy of Windows XP or Win7, I just want to know which one I should Purchase
a b $ Windows 7
August 19, 2009 10:12:46 PM

Just trying to give you heads up.

If I were you, I would wait until October when windows7 is released. I thought I heard they weren't issuing anymore keys for the RC version, though I could be wrong there.

August 19, 2009 10:15:39 PM

And I appreciate your help :) 

We'll see, thanks for all opinions:) 
August 19, 2009 10:25:19 PM

Here you go... if you want to give Windows 7 a blast:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10311993-56.html?tag=...;posts

You will have to be very quick though.

Given the choice, XP vs 7, I would personally invest in 7. I am very pleased with the RC... and continued support of 7 will last for quite a while.
a b $ Windows 7
August 20, 2009 2:54:27 PM

First off the MSFT site says that you should do a clean install, which I agree with, the RC will not be available after the 20th, so hurry, I got the X86 and X64 versions yesterday, and they are good till 1 June(or was that May) 2010, it's supposed to let you know 2 weeks before it runs out
a b $ Windows 7
August 20, 2009 5:46:34 PM

Please do not build a new computer and stick a really old OS on it. Take full advantage of that shiny new hardware with Windows 7. Also, use the 64-bit version, as it will easily handle 4GB+ of RAM... whereas the 32-bit version won't be able to make full use out of that 4GB.

I recommend buying a copy of Vista that comes with an upgrade coupon for Windows 7. Vista is not as bad as you think it is... if you dislike the "theme", you can switch to Windows Classic to make it more like XP. Most likely, your laptop has a lot of other bloatware on it that makes Vista look worse than it really is. It's up to you what exactly you want to do, but I definately wouldn't recommend XP.
!