Hi Zhere,
we are 3 users, 2 x PC and one MAC. Is there any way we can play QUAKE III
together ? When making a PC the server, the Mac cannot connect it says
"server uses protokoll 45..."
When making the MAC the server, PC cannot connect it says "server uses
protokoll 64 ....."

Any way to make it work ?
Frank

Frank Thiel <thiel@jkg-neuss.de> wrote in

> Hi Zhere,
> we are 3 users, 2 x PC and one MAC. Is there any way we can play QUAKE
> III together ? When making a PC the server, the Mac cannot connect it
> says "server uses protokoll 45..."
> When making the MAC the server, PC cannot connect it says "server uses
> protokoll 64 ....."
>
> Any way to make it work ?
> Frank

yep... use the same pointrelease...(1.32)

not@home.com wrote:

> Frank Thiel <thiel@jkg-neuss.de> wrote in
>
>> Hi Zhere,
>> we are 3 users, 2 x PC and one MAC. Is there any way we can play QUAKE
>> III together ? When making a PC the server, the Mac cannot connect it
>> says "server uses protokoll 45..."
>> When making the MAC the server, PC cannot connect it says "server uses
>> protokoll 64 ....."
>>
>> Any way to make it work ?
>> Frank
>>

> yep... use the same pointrelease...(1.32)

sorry for asking a bit stupid : waht does "point release" mean ?

"Frank Thiel" <thiel@jkg-neuss.de> wrote in message
> not@home.com wrote:
>
>> Frank Thiel <thiel@jkg-neuss.de> wrote in
>>
>>> Hi Zhere,
>>> we are 3 users, 2 x PC and one MAC. Is there any way we can play QUAKE
>>> III together ? When making a PC the server, the Mac cannot connect it
>>> says "server uses protokoll 45..."
>>> When making the MAC the server, PC cannot connect it says "server uses
>>> protokoll 64 ....."
>>>
>>> Any way to make it work ?
>>> Frank
>>>

>> yep... use the same pointrelease...(1.32)
>
> sorry for asking a bit stupid : waht does "point release" mean ?

Its an update that will update both versions of the game to version 1.32
when your pc and mac say uses protacol ** it is saying you have a diffrent
version (hope that helps)

pudj wrote:

> "Frank Thiel" <thiel@jkg-neuss.de> wrote in message
>> not@home.com wrote:
>>
>>> Frank Thiel <thiel@jkg-neuss.de> wrote in

>>> yep... use the same pointrelease...(1.32)
>>
>> sorry for asking a bit stupid : waht does "point release" mean ?
>
> Its an update that will update both versions of the game to version 1.32
> when your pc and mac say uses protacol ** it is saying you have a diffrent
> version (hope that helps)

Thank you it semms to solve the problem...but how can I find out which
reales I ACTUALLY DO have ?

> pudj wrote:
>

>> "Frank Thiel" <thiel@jkg-neuss.de> wrote in message

>>> sorry for asking a bit stupid : waht does "point release" mean ?
>>
>> Its an update that will update both versions of the game to version 1.32
>> when your pc and mac say uses protacol ** it is saying you have a
>> diffrent
>> version (hope that helps)
>
> Thank you it semms to solve the problem...but how can I find out which
> reales I ACTUALLY DO have ?
bring down the console in game and type version then hit tab then enter :)