Sign in with
Your question

Help with a nasty malware please

Last response: in Windows XP
August 20, 2009 6:28:08 AM

Some how I've managed to get a malware called dealasissitane. I causes pop up all over the place. So far I've managed to control it somewhat by uninstalling IE. I've done a virus scan, spybot s&d I even went through the registry and eliminated evrything with dealassstan in the entry. Nothing has worked. I need some help please. Thanks Mark

More about : nasty malware

Anonymous
August 20, 2009 11:32:30 AM

Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
August 20, 2009 2:14:09 PM

^ +1
Boot into safe mode w/ networking and download malwarebytes, update it, and run a comprehensive scan.
Related resources
August 20, 2009 2:27:20 PM

you can download a full working version of NOD32 that's good for 30 days, run it, then you may also want to buy it now that you see what happens without a A/V program
August 21, 2009 8:07:29 PM

As the other posters said, download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Update it completley and then boot into safe mode (WITHOUT networking) and run a full scan with it on your system. It should demolish any malware on your computer. Also try scanning with AVG, its also quite good. If nothing works, try a system restore but it should be a last resort.
August 21, 2009 8:12:27 PM

You should always boot into safe mode WITH networking, because you need to update your scanners database before the scan. Some scanners require network access because they self update before they scan.
August 21, 2009 9:04:29 PM

well, not malwarebytes, you can just update it in normal windows mode :) 
-Plus safe mode WITHOUT networking takes less ram, and loads up less processes/services meaning a more thorough scan can be completed if less proceses are used.
August 21, 2009 9:14:23 PM

The scanners are usually the first thing targeted. You can try to update it in windows, but the malware has usually already got it's fingers on there.

The RAM is of no big consequence when doing a scan.

Adding networking services isn't going to affect how the scanner checks files and programs. But not getting an updated database to scan with, is going to. Most viruses/malware are dormant in safe mode, which is why you should update and scan there.
September 5, 2009 7:17:04 PM

number13 said:
you can download a full working version of NOD32 that's good for 30 days, run it, then you may also want to buy it now that you see what happens without a A/V program

I never said I didn't have any AV. I do. CA anti-virus 2009. I've used CA for years and have an ongoing renewal for it each year. It updates several times a day and scans every morning at 3am while I sleep. It has always served me well. If you like nod32 keep it.
September 6, 2009 2:42:12 AM

Wait you do a full system scan every day? ouch...i wonder how long your hard drive will last...
!