Any Conroe-L Celeron Benchmarks anywhere?

chedrz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Anybody seen any benchies on the new Celerons? I know it's a Celeron, but it seems that anything based on Conroe could be worth taking a look at. Plus, at the price they're at on the Egg, seems like a possibly decent choice for a budget overclocker if they can perform anything like the new Pentiums can.

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006
It's OK for single threaded apps, especially overclocked to 3GHz, but that's about it. If AMD didn't flood the market with ultra low end X2s it'll actually be worth a look for people on a budget, but as it stands the low end X2s and the new Core2 based Pentium Es are only a little more expensive anyway.

As you said, it's a Celeron though, and it's actually not that bad compared to previous Celeron offerings, I want to see it compared to the Sempron, may the best 'Ron' win. ;)

speedbird

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
They look good value for people on a budget with the lowest chip in the range retailing under 30 pounds in the UK 8O. Their not exactly going to set the world a light, but overclocked they offer good game performance for peanuts :)

m25

Distinguished
May 23, 2006
They look good value for people on a budget with the lowest chip in the range retailing under 30 pounds in the UK 8O. Their not exactly going to set the world a light, but overclocked they offer good game performance for peanuts :)
It's performance is more or less that of a 3.0-3.4GHz P4, consuming just a fraction of the pawer-hungry monster; pretty decent for a budget build.

shellofinsanity

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
maybe we can now forget the horrors that was netburst Celerons, and remember how good the Celeron A and Celeron 3 was for overclocking and preformance. I remember my old 300A, ran at 450 and tended to be faster than most Pentium II 450's. Then i had a celeron 667 that went to 850 without thinking, i miss those kinda celerons that not only oced, but preformed on par with single core chips when oced.