nVIDIA price drops

mrquin27

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
Is nvidia planning on dropping the prices of their cards anytime soon? I want to purchase a 8800GTX with my step up plan and I couldn't find anything on google.

Mr_Wang

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Is nvidia planning on dropping the prices of their cards anytime soon? I want to purchase a 8800GTX with my step up plan and I couldn't find anything on google.
Right now the 8800GTX has no direct competition and Nvidia isn't planning a new product launch in the immediate future. So there is no reason for them to drop the prices on the 8800GTX. Eventually the price will fall when ATI releases a product that directly competes with the 8800GTX or when Nvidia releases the 8900 series and wants to purge its remaining 8800 inventory.

Even if retailers start to discount their cards that is no guarantee that the MSRP will go down. You may be best just to upgrade your card now because I doubt that prices will drop significantly in the next couple of months.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

If you are referring to Evga step up program its only like 90?? days from date of purchase of original 8800GTX and you need to have registered your card.

Once registerd you can login in to your "account", you must also create an account, and check your registered products items. There it will tell which if any of your products are eligible for the step up.

The 8800GTX is eligible for the 8800GTX Ultra step up.

It is unlikely it will still be eligible for the 8900, whenever that comes out, since it will likely be beyond the step up required time period.

Your best option, enjoy your 8800GTX or Ultra's if you have them and sell them off later if you want to get the alleged 8900's