Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Putting Anti-Malware Program on Bootable CD

Last response: in Windows XP
August 21, 2009 7:31:39 PM

Well, no matter if you are in safe mode, command prompt mode, or normal mode in your Operating System, it always needs its fundamental files to operate meaning a Virus Scanner cannot scan those files meaning it wont be able to catch any infection if it exists there. So I was wondering is there anyway I can put an anti-malware program like Malwarebytes onto a CD and then boot into the CD itself and scan the entire OS while its not on so it can catch anything? Had anybody done this yet? I just want to boot from a CD, have it run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and scan my full system thoroughly without my OS running and being an interference to the scan.
-Any help would be appreiciated.
-Thank You

August 22, 2009 1:03:13 AM

I couldn't quite get the link to work and get to it :( 
Related resources

Best solution

Anonymous
August 22, 2009 11:13:32 AM

http://www.avira.com/en/support/support_downloads.html

Download the Avira AntiVir Rescue System.
August 22, 2009 1:50:25 PM

Is it free or do you need to pay?, it doesn't say anything anywhere.
Anonymous
August 22, 2009 4:15:50 PM

It's free.
August 23, 2009 12:57:11 AM

Wow, thank you so much, I downloaded it, and put onto a CD, really nice thing. I booted from it, it updated it, and then right now i am doing a virus scan on that computer. This is nice to have as anti-virus's can never scan the core OS files that are always being used.
-Thank you for your help, greatly apprieciated.
July 24, 2011 11:10:30 PM

I got hit with a stubborn piece of malware last night, found this thread (using a clean computer), and took the advice. I just want to thank Grumpy9117--the Avira bootable antivirus CD downloaded, burned, and ran like a champ. I'm burning extras, giving them to friends, and keeping at least two for my own use! What a relief. Thanks again, Grumpy!
July 24, 2011 11:34:06 PM

Best answer selected by area51reopened.
July 24, 2011 11:34:09 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!