Closed Solved

Putting Anti-Malware Program on Bootable CD

Well, no matter if you are in safe mode, command prompt mode, or normal mode in your Operating System, it always needs its fundamental files to operate meaning a Virus Scanner cannot scan those files meaning it wont be able to catch any infection if it exists there. So I was wondering is there anyway I can put an anti-malware program like Malwarebytes onto a CD and then boot into the CD itself and scan the entire OS while its not on so it can catch anything? Had anybody done this yet? I just want to boot from a CD, have it run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and scan my full system thoroughly without my OS running and being an interference to the scan.
-Any help would be appreiciated.
-Thank You
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about putting anti malware program bootable
  1. I couldn't quite get the link to work and get to it :(
  2. Best answer
    http://www.avira.com/en/support/support_downloads.html

Download the Avira AntiVir Rescue System.
  3. Is it free or do you need to pay?, it doesn't say anything anywhere.
  4. It's free.
  5. Wow, thank you so much, I downloaded it, and put onto a CD, really nice thing. I booted from it, it updated it, and then right now i am doing a virus scan on that computer. This is nice to have as anti-virus's can never scan the core OS files that are always being used.
    -Thank you for your help, greatly apprieciated.
  6. I got hit with a stubborn piece of malware last night, found this thread (using a clean computer), and took the advice. I just want to thank Grumpy9117--the Avira bootable antivirus CD downloaded, burned, and ran like a champ. I'm burning extras, giving them to friends, and keeping at least two for my own use! What a relief. Thanks again, Grumpy!
  7. Best answer selected by area51reopened.
  8. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

Malware CD-Rom Command Prompt Windows XP Product