More Mouse Talk

Last response: in Video Games
September 19, 2004 4:43:22 AM

Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?

I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming is
shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?

More about : mouse talk

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 11:17:46 AM

"Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
> Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
>
> I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming is
> shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?

mouse acceleration is the worst thing that can happen on a gaming machine,
turn it off ;op

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.ag...

On 9/20/2004 5:17 AM Margolis brightened our day with:

>"Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
>

>>Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
>>
>>I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming is
>>shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?
>>

>mouse acceleration is the worst thing that can happen on a gaming machine,
>turn it off ;op

to clarify, mouse acceleration is what makes your reticle go all over
the place.

--
Lo, brethren, within the doom 3/base folder there is but one folder structure.
That is the way it has always been, is now and ever shall be.

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com
September 21, 2004 2:16:22 PM

"Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
> "Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
> > Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
> >
> > I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming is
> > shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?
> >

> mouse acceleration is the worst thing that can happen on a gaming machine,
> turn it off ;op
>
> --
>
> Margolis

http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.ag...
> http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

Which is why almost every pro player uses mouse accel =).
Definitely turn off the accel for now, and find a sense that allows you to
do a 180 turn comfortably.
Remember to turn off acceleration in your mouse properties in Windows also.
October 2, 2004 12:37:13 AM

Turd what mouse are You using? I have used just about every mouse at one
time or another and give you some help on your settings. I also have the
configs for most of the top players as in zero4, czm, cooller, fatal1ty, and
some of the top ctf players as well.
turning of windows mouse accel in your mouse conrtol panel is a must. If
you use mouse accel only set it in q3 as that way it is easier for you to
adjust and tweak.
First thing to do is to let me know what mouse sensitivity you have now in
q3 and I can recommend some things for you to try from there.
"Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
> Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
>
> I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming is
> shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 6:06:01 PM

"kong" <kong@myrapidsys.com> wrote in

> Turd what mouse are You using? I have used just about every mouse at
> one
> time or another and give you some help on your settings. I also have
> the configs for most of the top players as in zero4, czm, cooller,
> fatal1ty, and some of the top ctf players as well.
> turning of windows mouse accel in your mouse conrtol panel is a must.
> If
> you use mouse accel only set it in q3 as that way it is easier for you
> to adjust and tweak.
> First thing to do is to let me know what mouse sensitivity you have
> now in
> q3 and I can recommend some things for you to try from there.
> "Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
>> Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
>>
>> I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming
>> is shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?

Yeah, i've turned it (Windows Mouse Accel) off and it's only slightly
better.

Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0

seta sensitivity "15.650001"
November 2, 2004 9:45:01 AM

Also Furg other than getting a moues like he says. Pay close attention to
movement. When you have a guy in your cross hairs and he moves dont use your
mouse to keep cross hair on him. Use your strafe movment to keep tracking
him if at all possible. Only use mouse movent to keep aim if he circles you
or you fall behind somehow on strafeing like if he is strafe jumping and you
are just plain strafing. Cause in most cases once you have the lock on him
and he moves all you have to do is match his direction to keep perfect aim.
Good luck in what ever you choose.
Also That 15 sensitivity will be hell with an mx500. You will most likey
want to back it down.
Most top dog players play with between a 3 to 8 sensitivity with only a few
exceptions

!