More Mouse Talk

Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?

I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming is
shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?
6 answers Last reply
More about more mouse talk

    "Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
    > Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
    >
    > I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming is
    > shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?

    mouse acceleration is the worst thing that can happen on a gaming machine,
    turn it off ;op

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    On 9/20/2004 5:17 AM Margolis brightened our day with:

    >"Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
    >

    >>Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
    >>
    >>I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming is
    >>shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?
    >>

    >mouse acceleration is the worst thing that can happen on a gaming machine,
    >turn it off ;op

    to clarify, mouse acceleration is what makes your reticle go all over
    the place.

    --
    Lo, brethren, within the doom 3/base folder there is but one folder structure.
    That is the way it has always been, is now and ever shall be.

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    "Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
    > "Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
    > > Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
    > >
    > > I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming is
    > > shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?
    > >

    > mouse acceleration is the worst thing that can happen on a gaming machine,
    > turn it off ;op
    >
    > --
    >
    > Margolis

    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm
    > http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

    Which is why almost every pro player uses mouse accel =).
    Definitely turn off the accel for now, and find a sense that allows you to
    do a 180 turn comfortably.
    Remember to turn off acceleration in your mouse properties in Windows also.

    Turd what mouse are You using? I have used just about every mouse at one
    time or another and give you some help on your settings. I also have the
    configs for most of the top players as in zero4, czm, cooller, fatal1ty, and
    some of the top ctf players as well.
    turning of windows mouse accel in your mouse conrtol panel is a must. If
    you use mouse accel only set it in q3 as that way it is easier for you to
    adjust and tweak.
    First thing to do is to let me know what mouse sensitivity you have now in
    q3 and I can recommend some things for you to try from there.

    "kong" <kong@myrapidsys.com> wrote in

    > Turd what mouse are You using? I have used just about every mouse at
    > one
    > time or another and give you some help on your settings. I also have
    > the configs for most of the top players as in zero4, czm, cooller,
    > fatal1ty, and some of the top ctf players as well.
    > turning of windows mouse accel in your mouse conrtol panel is a must.
    > If
    > you use mouse accel only set it in q3 as that way it is easier for you
    > to adjust and tweak.
    > First thing to do is to let me know what mouse sensitivity you have
    > now in
    > q3 and I can recommend some things for you to try from there.
    > "Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
    >> Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
    >>
    >> I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming
    >> is shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?

    Yeah, i've turned it (Windows Mouse Accel) off and it's only slightly
    better.

    Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0

    seta sensitivity "15.650001"

    Also Furg other than getting a moues like he says. Pay close attention to
    movement. When you have a guy in your cross hairs and he moves dont use your
    mouse to keep cross hair on him. Use your strafe movment to keep tracking
    him if at all possible. Only use mouse movent to keep aim if he circles you
    or you fall behind somehow on strafeing like if he is strafe jumping and you
    are just plain strafing. Cause in most cases once you have the lock on him
    and he moves all you have to do is match his direction to keep perfect aim.
    Good luck in what ever you choose.
    Also That 15 sensitivity will be hell with an mx500. You will most likey
    want to back it down.
    Most top dog players play with between a 3 to 8 sensitivity with only a few
    exceptions
    > "kong" <kong@myrapidsys.com> wrote in
    >
    >> Turd what mouse are You using? I have used just about every mouse at
    >> one
    >> time or another and give you some help on your settings. I also have
    >> the configs for most of the top players as in zero4, czm, cooller,
    >> fatal1ty, and some of the top ctf players as well.
    >> turning of windows mouse accel in your mouse conrtol panel is a must.
    >> If
    >> you use mouse accel only set it in q3 as that way it is easier for you
    >> to adjust and tweak.
    >> First thing to do is to let me know what mouse sensitivity you have
    >> now in
    >> q3 and I can recommend some things for you to try from there.
    >> "Turd Furgeson" <funny@name.org> wrote in message
    >>> Any Thoughts from anyone on mouse acceleration? Pro or con?
    >>>
    >>> I just can't seem to zone in on players who move about... My aiming
    >>> is shaky at best, my pointer goes all over the place. Settings?
    >>>

    > Yeah, i've turned it (Windows Mouse Accel) off and it's only slightly
    > better.
    >
    > Microsoft Trackball Optical 1.0
    >
    > seta sensitivity "15.650001"

Games Mice Pointer Video Games