Closed

Resize Pictures/Powertoys not working

Hello All!

Microsoft Powertoys' item Resize Pictures stopped working on my PC (XP
Home). I don't know when exactly. It is still there in the menu when I
right-click on a jpg file, I can choose the size I want, I can hit OK, but
there is no result at all. I checked if Windows left the resized pics in
another directory, but no. Anyone has a solution? TIA!

Henry
7 answers Last reply
More about resize pictures powertoys working

    clear temp files, disk cleanup, defrag (always a good idea)
    and see if it works again.

    some support

    "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm> wrote in

    > clear temp files, disk cleanup, defrag (always a good idea)
    > and see if it works again.

    Thanks for aswering, Jim.
    I did all that, but no results.

    The next step would be to reinstall the latest version

    some support

    #jbk7V4aFHA.2668@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > The next step would be to reinstall the latest version

    Did that too, Jim

    Henry,

    Click Start/Run and type this command:

    regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll

    --
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    MS-MVP, Windows Shell

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in news:eLlWNN$aFHA.3184
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > http://www.winhelponline.com

    Thank you Ramesh, this did the trick!! I am very glad I have
    it functioning again!
    Thank you too, Jim!

    You're welcome Henry.

    --

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in news:eLlWNN$aFHA.3184
    > @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:
    >
    >> http://www.winhelponline.com
    >
    > Thank you Ramesh, this did the trick!! I am very glad I have
    > it functioning again!
    > Thank you too, Jim!

Microsoft Windows XP