Leifer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2007
I'm thinking about getting the Centurion 5 case from NewEgg. Actually, I'm ordering my entire computer tonight regardless. My question to you is: How efficient is the cooling in this case, on a scale of 1-10? Should I order a side fan to attach to the air duct on the side, or does it suffice on it's own?

If it helps, I'm going to also include a Zalman 9700 fan for my CPU, in addition to the Arctic 5 paste. Do I need any additional fans for that case, or do the stock ones suffice for ventilation?

I'm thinking about getting the Centurion 5 case from NewEgg. Actually, I'm ordering my entire computer tonight regardless. My question to you is: How efficient is the cooling in this case, on a scale of 1-10? Should I order a side fan to attach to the air duct on the side, or does it suffice on it's own?

If it helps, I'm going to also include a Zalman 9700 fan for my CPU, in addition to the Arctic 5 paste. Do I need any additional fans for that case, or do the stock ones suffice for ventilation?

I put a faster 2000 rpm 120 mm exhaust fan in mine. The exhaust fan that comes with it is slow. I use a Zalman 9500 in that case. The front is mesh and offers great airflow. On a scale of 1-10 with cooling and overall airflow, I would give it a 9+. Cooling and price are the case's strongpoints. My overclocked AMD 64 3700 idles at an unbelievable 33C at normal room temp!

tlmck

Distinguished
I have had the blue one for a while, and just love it. Just pop out the front filter about every six months or so (check more often depending on environment),and vacuum it. The stock fan works well for me.