CMOS Battery Changed! re mouse freezing re landed in bios

rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

Thanks to all who gave me help regarding my landing in bios post! I do have
a question though.... I know that when the CMOS battery dies, your settings
are not saved.. I had to change the clock after booted up.. But wonder what
other settings are affected?? Are they only the ones in Bios? or are other
settings affected as well.. like my mouse driver configuration for
instance.. my mouse is working perfectly now.. During the time my CMOS
Battery was dead.. I downloaded the latest driver for my intellimouse.. I
was going to replaced it, but if it works ok I won't spend the money..

Sorry about posting so many issues...but tried to link them together..
thanks Rainy

Rainy

Apart from the clock, unless you have entered BIOS and made changes
manually, there is a good chance that everything will be just as it was when
all was working ok..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
> Thanks to all who gave me help regarding my landing in bios post! I do
> have a question though.... I know that when the CMOS battery dies, your
> settings are not saved.. I had to change the clock after booted up.. But
> wonder what other settings are affected?? Are they only the ones in Bios?
> or are other settings affected as well.. like my mouse driver
> configuration for instance.. my mouse is working perfectly now.. During
> the time my CMOS Battery was dead.. I downloaded the latest driver for my
> intellimouse.. I was going to replaced it, but if it works ok I won't
> spend the money..
>
> Sorry about posting so many issues...but tried to link them together..
> thanks Rainy

rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

thanks.. nice to know that I don't have to mess with bios! :) Rainy
> Rainy
>
> Apart from the clock, unless you have entered BIOS and made changes
> manually, there is a good chance that everything will be just as it was
> when all was working ok..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message
>> Thanks to all who gave me help regarding my landing in bios post! I do
>> have a question though.... I know that when the CMOS battery dies, your
>> settings are not saved.. I had to change the clock after booted up.. But
>> wonder what other settings are affected?? Are they only the ones in Bios?
>> or are other settings affected as well.. like my mouse driver
>> configuration for instance.. my mouse is working perfectly now.. During
>> the time my CMOS Battery was dead.. I downloaded the latest driver for my
>> intellimouse.. I was going to replaced it, but if it works ok I won't
>> spend the money..
>>
>> Sorry about posting so many issues...but tried to link them together..
>> thanks Rainy

Most settings that needed saving in the past are now detected automatically at each boot.

However there are preferences, rather than info needed to boot, stored in the CMOS. If you didn't set any then they were and now are the default settings.

Your mouse driver is irrelevent.
"Rainy" <rainydays38@sweetwrapz.net> wrote in message news:uEYuqE2aFHA.3132@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Thanks to all who gave me help regarding my landing in bios post! I do have
> a question though.... I know that when the CMOS battery dies, your settings
> are not saved.. I had to change the clock after booted up.. But wonder what
> other settings are affected?? Are they only the ones in Bios? or are other
> settings affected as well.. like my mouse driver configuration for
> instance.. my mouse is working perfectly now.. During the time my CMOS
> Battery was dead.. I downloaded the latest driver for my intellimouse.. I
> was going to replaced it, but if it works ok I won't spend the money..
>
> Sorry about posting so many issues...but tried to link them together..
> thanks Rainy

rainy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004

thanks for the input! Just given all the facts as I knew them, didn't think
it was relevant.. but wasn't sure.. :) thanks Rainy