Operating System Not Found

uptheswa

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
Hi

I had been running a dual boot with Windows XP and OpenSuse Linux. I used a partition tool to delete the Opensuse partition and now when I go to start I got the message Operating System Not Found.

I have used an XP disk to get to XP Repair and have fixed the boot and mbr but now I get a message

Reboot and select proper boot device
or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key

does anyone know what is happening or what i can do to get windows xp to load

a fresh install is out of the question, i have too much data on the computer that i cannot afford to wipe

many thanks
john

------------------------

Only have a HDD, the Master Boot Record (MBR) was manager for SUSE and when he delete, the MBR don't have manager, but windows isn't delete, only the boot.ini isn't the managaer of the MBR...how I said, with the command in CMD you can repair the table of MBR and star again in windows...

^^ What you said made no sense. I think you need to brush up on your english a little (no offense, just trying to help).

To boot into the repair console the OP would've had to change the boot order to boot off the OS disc first. If the OP didn't change it back, that would account for the missing boot device. With a dual boot, the boot.ini file likely has been modified. If the OS section of the boot.ini file isn't correct, windows won't load.

-----------------

jejejej I know, my english is really bad...sorry but I'm not from USA I'm from Colombia.