Redirect My Documents folder to network location (1TB on server) OS Windows Serv

dglad4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Hello All,

I want to redirect all users my documents folders to the servers terabyte disk, but I'm totally lost on how to do it! I know that with a roaming user all changes are made locally on the client and then when logging off the data is copied to the network location (my server) then vice versa. But my domain users have gigabytes of data that takes a very long time to synchronize and my clients don't have the storage to hold it all(4GB Eee lol).

Can anyone help me? I'm after very simple baby steps on how to do it.

Thankyou very much on you help.

Hi, in documents with the right button of the mouse go to properties. In the window that appears select "find a destiny" and select the location in the network for save the documents, in this case, the server with the HDD when do you want save the documents

mongoose505

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
If your using an Active Directory system then you can redirect a number of folders by setting up a new GPO and selecting
User Configuration
Windows Settings
Folder Redirection
Right click each folder you want to redirect and select properties.

dglad4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
thankyou all for your answers, but i did some playing around with AD and found folder redirection, this works perfectly but not for existing users!? anyway it works and it hassolved the problem. Thankyou again for your answers

dglad4

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
thankyou all for your answers, but i did some playing around with AD and found folder redirection, this works perfectly but not for existing users!? anyway it works and it hassolved the problem. Thankyou again for your answers

TRENDING THREADS