Gigabyte MB not installing Audio Device on High Defintion Bus

Qwghlm

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Having recently had to update my motherboard and graphics card I am not getting any sound.

MB Gigabyte Ga_EP45-UD3LR

Graphics XFX Radeon HD 4870

All drivers loaded for both items.

I've now downloaded the latest drivers from Gigabyte

Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition) 5.10.0.5973 24/11/09

Intel INF installation (Chipset) 9.1.1.1020 16/11/09

Realtek LAN Driver 6.227.0902.2009 26/10/09

And it still will not install the "Audio Device On High Definition Audio Bus, the exclamation mark is still there and the speaker icon in the system tray has got a red cross with "No Audio Output Device is Installed"

Starting to get me down this!

Steve

Qwghlm

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009

I've already downloaded and tried the R2.37 20/11/09 from the Realtek site, exactly the same problem I'm afraid.

Steve

Hmmm...and you are still getting an error icon? Have you attempted to go to Device Manager and uninstalling the Realtek audio and restarted? Sometimes that helps to "jump start" things. You can even maybe attempt to roll back the driver to a previous version. If that doesn't work, your best bet may be to contact Gigabyte or check their support page and see if anyone else is having this issue. Hopefully someone here can chime in who has had the issue.

Qwghlm

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Yep, unistalled and run driver installation numerous times, all to no avail.

Haven't had a working driver to roll back to!

I've already got an enquiry in to Gigabyte, but had no response yet.

Steve

Qwghlm

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
Well, the problem was self inflicted.

As I had just put the new MB and graphics card in there was all sorts of driver conflicts going on.

So after a nice new clean install of Vista and loading the new Gigabyte and XFX drivers, all is well.

Now I'm just installing all the software programs again.

Steve