Syntax Olivea 32" LCD -- Any comments?

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 1, 2005 2:08:15 AM

This thing has really great specs, better then Sharp and Philips and a
$200 rebate from certain dealers until 2/6. Aside from the speakers not
being detachable, I can't see anything wrong with it, but I have learned
not to trust printed specs. Anybody have first hand knowledge?

--
Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]

"Robert Peirce" <bob@peirce-family.com.invalid> wrote in message
> This thing has really great specs, better then Sharp and Philips and a
> $200 rebate from certain dealers until 2/6. Aside from the speakers not
> being detachable, I can't see anything wrong with it, but I have learned
> not to trust printed specs. Anybody have first hand knowledge?
>
> --
> Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
> bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]
> rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office]

http://www.lcd-tv-reviews.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.p...

Owner forum.
Got a 27" Olevia, have been very pleased with the price/ performance. Use
is computer monitor and TV, no complaints.
February 2, 2005 11:53:34 AM

I just bought one and so far am very pleased with it. The HD Picture is
great! The SD picture is just okay, as expected.

"Robert Peirce" <bob@peirce-family.com.invalid> wrote in message
> This thing has really great specs, better then Sharp and Philips and a
> $200 rebate from certain dealers until 2/6. Aside from the speakers not
> being detachable, I can't see anything wrong with it, but I have learned
> not to trust printed specs. Anybody have first hand knowledge?
>
> --
> Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883
> bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]
> rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office]

Anonymous
February 2, 2005 8:34:18 PM

I have the 27" version, I love it, but I have to complain about the blue
LED around the IR sensor. I'm thinking about covering it with electrical
tape.

!