WebCollect Toolbar installer

gilxfox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Apon attempt to install "webcollect toolbar", I get error message saying "not compatable with browser or o/s"... What gives..?

Solution
As I mentioned, the links I messaged above worked flawlessly. I can only suggest to uninstall or roll back your IE and webcollect toolbar and try a fresh download of each. IE first, then the toolbar.

Hope it works for u.

gilxfox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009

"Spec" tab on Download.com doesn't state compatability conflicts with Internet Explorer versions( I have I.E. 8 currently installed)...My brother says there may be conflict w/7or 8.

The older PC that I am using as internet slave is :

Dell Dimension DIM 3000 Intell Pentium 4CPU 3.00 GHz, 2GB RAM

XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3....hence 32 bit.

Would it be advisable to "reduce" the I.E. browser version.?

I had a trial version of Adobe Pro that converted webpages to pdf.s on an ancient PC that worked nicely...and brother had installed Photoshop/Creative Illus/Adobe bridge on my photo/video edit PC that also had convert function..which, unfortunately is now a doorstop(old E-MachineTower that rejected o/s re-install)

Any ideas/help will be appreciated..and bolster my learning curve.

ThankYou- Gil

gilxfox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009

Thank You for your response..I have done some poking around, divined info from this PC aquired (from "loss" of recent, til I build a more agile unit)..

any help/ideas appreciated...

gilxfox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Thank You...
Replacing IE8 w/ IE7 has allowed me to (confirm)download of WebCollect 3.2.0.0

...but..(and I hate to be thick) There is no icon, nor addition to homepage, nor option to use/send to when I right-click a page.. It appears in "All Programs" list, but only with option to uninstall.. Spent 30min searching for support or guide...

BTW..E-Tower had "proprietary" lock on motherboard.. could only use their re-install discs, had replaced HD and RAM...Even purchased "Help"time..to no avail.. It had taken the re-install several times over the years- diagnosed as dysfunctional MB.
Trying to at least get new validation ciode key for a copy of XP Home for another PC.

Is the WebCollect answer right under my nose as I surmise..? Cheers- Gil

gilxfox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Yeah..I know.. Could only find IE7 w/Google Toolbar...went for it...(Dwnld.Com only has IE8)

Suggest a site for clean IE 7 dwnld site.? Or how to remove stranglehold Google tends to has on the browser...

Its probably there..only Google ate it.

gilxfox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Thanks for all your rapid responses...and the IE 7 site(sans Google)...

I am at a totall loss however... Toolbar menu shows "others" (AVG, Daemon Tools)..

Uninstalled WC.. shut down everything in "run" startup tab..re-installed... nothing.

Weird how it is in Add/Remove program list..and in All Programs>WebCollect>uninstall (only)... Adobe Pro perhaps..? Just a pain when trial is done...

Brother is bringing me Photoshop(someday)...perhaps I can have him walk me thru the Adobe CS2...although I just want to use this PC as an Internet slave...

Waddya Think.? Cheers-Gil

gilxfox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009

REPLY: Yeah...still no WebCollect on Toolbar drop-down All Programs(besides uninstall)...

This older puppy is pretty basic n stripped down.. Don't know what could be in conflict..
Being 32bit(vs 64) perhaps.. Again..so "weird" the uninstall is avail..but not the icon, toolbar listing... Checked out Windows folder and found uninstall icon, Programs folder contains all folders and files that I beleive are appropriate...

Its in there... just not accessable on homepage or desktop... sorry if I'm bummin you out.

Cheers- Gil

I have XP 32 bit, IE7 (from the link above), and webcollect toolbar (from link above). I downloaded the toolbar, and it automatically showed up as an IE toolbar. I didn't have to enable it, I didn't have to go to the programs menu, nothing....You download it and it should be there.

It's not bumming me out, just doesn't make sense. Those downloads should give you the same result.

gilxfox

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Thank You for all your time and effort...
...only antivirus prog I have on this puppy is AVG free..n "Trellian Toolbar" Manager..
..removing/switching off both hasn't helped.

being asked for "feedback" via e-mails...certainly want to be positive/responsive.
Again...thanks for your efforts... Gil