Sign in with
Your question

Digital Still Camera Driver Issue

Last response: in Windows XP
August 26, 2009 9:15:04 PM

After I uninstalled some Dell printer software from my computer, my Cannon camera and Samsung scanner do not work. I have deleted the devices and connected them again but when XP tries to install the drivers I get this error: "Windows cannot load the device drivers for the new hardware. The Driver may be corrupt or missing. (Code 39)"
I have reinstalled SP2 then SP3 but that did not help.
Does anyone have an answer?
a b \ Driver
August 27, 2009 5:49:11 AM

Try a system restore to before you uninstalled the software.
m
l
August 27, 2009 2:41:58 PM

I did try a system restore but did not have a restore point prior to uninstalling the printer software so that was not successful. After that I reinstalled XP then the service packs, which did not fix the issue either.
I there any way to reinstall the XP Digital Still Camera drivers?
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
August 27, 2009 4:25:50 PM

Go to the manufacturer's website and you can download the needed drivers.
m
l
August 27, 2009 4:37:44 PM

I checked that and my camera (Cannon Powershot SD 850IS) just uses the Windows XP driver. That is why I think the XP driver is corrupt but I do not know how to replace/fix it???
m
l
a b \ Driver
August 27, 2009 5:00:12 PM

Are they both USB devices that you are trying to plug into your computer? If so, go to the device manager and uninstall your usb root hubs, then restart. They will reinstall on restart and recognize new hardware.
m
l
August 27, 2009 5:18:15 PM

They are both USB devices. I tried that once as well and when I did a repair installation of XP it had to reinstall the USB root hub too. Same darn error.
m
l
!