Zer0mega

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Im planning on ordering a sabertooth 990FX from NewEgg before too long and I ran into some feedback that caught my interest, to put it simpily, someone had that same board needed to rma, the rma took 2 months due to unknown issues on their end, he had to keep on calling to even get any information, and he ended up with a doa board on the rma, as well as being charged for a new board while all under warranty.

Anyways, im just wanting to know if asus is a good motherboard brand to deal with including Techsupport for RMA's and other issues or if somone can recommend me a brand (no fanboys please). Input is greatly appreciated.

i have an asus rampage III rog.... and couldnt be happier with it.

i've never had to call them up or rma a component though.

as for being charged for a board... perhaps the user refused to send back the original before a replacment was shipped. in this case you would be charged and then refunded when they received the bad board.

as for the delay... perhaps the supplier was out of stock at the time. it happens.

remember to take all reviews with a grain of salt. just because of one horror story which may or may not be 100% true does not mean a product is bad. if there is one negative review for fifteen positive ones then i would tend to say a product is generally good. even the best products have issues once in awhile.. nothing in this world is perfect.

Zer0mega

Honorable
May 18, 2012

k thanks i was just worried since its going to be my first build, so was just wanting to make shure i get my money worth Since im going to be geting the ASUS 990FX Sabertooth

what i normally do is look at the reviews at newegg (taking them with a grain of salt) and also typing in "__product name here__ review" and seeing what pops up. normally you can get a good idea by reading through a few customer reviews and paid reviews.