Sign in with
Your question

Logitech quickcam vista driver needed

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 28, 2009 8:41:01 AM

I have an older Logitech quickcam and I need a driver for the webcam camera for Vista SP2 - can anyone help ?
a b \ Driver
November 28, 2009 8:45:27 AM

Search the online product page at Logitech's website. SP2 has no bering on a driver.
m
l
November 28, 2009 8:48:44 AM

badge said:
Search the online product page at Logitech's website. SP2 has no bering on a driver.

Yes - I did that last night but they only support products 3 yrs old and newer . . .
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
November 28, 2009 8:51:58 AM

Well, no one can point to a possible driver for "an older Logitech quickcam". A model number would be the least information needed. An older piece of hardware such as a logitech quickcam may not have a Vista driver available. The purchase of new hardware with Vista support would be necessary if this is the case.
m
l
a b \ Driver
November 28, 2009 8:54:13 AM

hiltonp said:
Yes - I did that last night but they only support products 3 yrs old and newer . . .

I have several Logitech mice that are older than three years. The drivers are available at the logitech support site. Logitech would not necesarily provide Vista drivers for a piece of hardware that was built before Vista was released.
m
l
November 28, 2009 8:55:49 AM

Yes I agree - I have inspected the camera and there is no model number on it or on its base - just a logitech sticker. Ah well . . . . . not to worry.
m
l
a b \ Driver
November 28, 2009 8:58:47 AM

Sure, maybe the camera can be replaced with a much better model which has Vista drivers. That's the way hardware releases work. Too bad there is no driver though. You could have stayed with the poor performance of outdated technology a while longer. 8)
m
l
November 28, 2009 9:35:55 AM

Yep - that's sorted it thanks for your help !
m
l
a b \ Driver
November 28, 2009 9:37:01 AM

You're welcome.
m
l
!