Internet Explorer

G

In windows xp, my internet explorer 8 is not working properly. Scrolling down a page is not smooth, it scrolls in spurts and when i try to search sometimes it does it quick, and sometimes it seems like it is being redirected. I have checked the host file, which is fine. Also, microsoft outlook does not delete items right away. any suggestions? I have ran virus scan and anti spyware and nothing was found.

In the advanced internet options, you can enable smooth scrolling. If it's enabled and it's still choppy, check the device manager to make sure there are no conflicts on your video drivers.

The nature of web browsing is some sites come up fast and some don't. It depends on the site your connecting to as much as your own network.

I have heard IE8 is a bit flaky though. You may want to go back to IE7 or as jf812 mentioned above, try firefox. Personally, I like firefox over IE.

feranm_ie8team

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Hi, this is Feran with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team. You may want to try enabling the Compatibility Mode (broken page icon next to the refresh button on the toolbar).

Hope that helps...