Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe - not powering up properly

Aslan1

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue. I recently purchased a ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe NF570SLI AM2 Mobo and an AMD|A64 X2 6000 3.0G AM2 2x1M R. I have a 650 watt PS. I connected all power cords and set jumpers. This is not my first build from the ground up. When I go to power up for the 1st time, the MOBO persistently beeps. I initially tried this with a 450 watt PS. I thought that it wasn't getting enough juice so upgraded the PS to 650. I know this probably could be lots of different things, but if anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Any clarifying questions are welcome.

Thanks Much

WhateverPT

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
this might be a strange question... what ram are you using.. i have the same board and once i had that problem... try changing the ram slot.. that motherboard is really wierd about ram compatibility

Aslan1

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
No. I know it's the correct socket mobo. I'm pretty sure the PS is up to snuff, and I'm pretty sure it's the correct ram for the board. Do you think it's poss I have not tried putting the ram in the in another socket.

TRENDING THREADS