Explorer keeps showing date created, dimension, etc

skysober

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
(This pertains to explorer, NOT explorer browser (iexplorer) )

Like 99% of the real world, I do NOT want this stoopid Explorer to show Date Created, Date Access, Attributes, or ANY of this extra crap that windows now uses in the explorer when I list a folder full of fotos. I have photo software for that... not for in a 'quick' view of a folder...

It might be cute and okay if there is 1 or 5 photos, but I have an average of 5000-10000 photos and/or videos in each folder.

I right click and uncheck then boxes... so it sometimes stops the extra crap from showing... but then if I create a new folder and dump from the mem stick a few thousand photos, there it is again... slow, clanky with completely useless information that I nor anyone wants in their explorer.

Is there anyway I can set in the registry a means to prevent explorer from ever allow anything besides name, size, modified from being ticked on?

Since explorer is now so screwed up, if not able to fix it, is there an alternative program I can use that will do what explorer used to do perfectly before MS screwed it up?

skysober

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Thanks you, tried that before as well, but this option does NOT prevent explorer from randomly adding the extra detail items in, nor prevents it from occurring to new folders.

There has to be a way to remove that option permanently in the registry or an alternate program that will replace the explorer folder viewing that works correctly. I'd even settle for a way to re-install the original explorer that worked...