Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How make a clickable link?

Last response: in Apps General Discussion
October 24, 2010 5:07:29 AM

Hello, I wanted to put a clickable link in my signature, on this forum, but didn't know how to do it. I would like the text and the URL it points to be different. I hope this is the right section to put this in...

I tried the <a href="link">text</a> but it showed up just as you see it here.

thanks

More about : make clickable link

Best solution

October 26, 2010 1:49:03 PM

Hello Uglijimus,

It may have been better to put this in the Forum Feedback, But I guess nothing really fits the bill perfectly.

To make a Hidden Link or URL Behind Text (I dont know the correct term) try using the insert URL on Tom's Forums and then paste it into you Sig.

EDIT - I have tested this method and it works 100% perfectly!

Just as an example I'll use Tom's Home Page:

Which should look like this:

Now look at the end of the URL where there is: ][/url]

In between the ][ , ]Type the text you want here[ , ]Toms Hardware[

So it will look like this Toms Hardware

Side Note - You can use the Test Posts section in the Forum Feedback @ the very bottom of Toms Forum Page.

**I am truly Sorry if this does not work as I am trying to test it now but my Sig is not showing up, I will update when I get it sorted out.**
October 26, 2010 3:00:21 PM

Best answer selected by uglijimus.
Score
Related resources
October 26, 2010 3:01:40 PM

thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I wish I had tried to post beforehand instead of going right to my signature. Hopefully someone else who has the same problem will find this thread. thanks again!

Score
October 26, 2010 3:02:45 PM

Hello Uglijimus,

Glad to see you got it working.

Its no problem, I didnt know how to do this a month ago and I had to do some searching the web to figure it out, so when I saw your question I was glad to be able to share my new found knowledge. :) 
Score
October 28, 2010 7:17:52 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!