Windows Media Player 10 won't record CDs

Widows XP with all the latest updates. Windows Media player V10 when I
try to record a CD from the music library every thing looks OK when I
press the burn button it then appears to start the burn process but it
just ends after a few seconds. No errors nothing on the CD.

I can burn CDs with NERO without issue so its not a hardware issue.

Any thoughts?

TIA.

--
Mark Turnbull
To reply remove nospam

    Windows XP CD Burning Secrets
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/bott_03september16.mspx
    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Mark Turnbull" wrote:

    > Widows XP with all the latest updates. Windows Media player V10 when I
    > try to record a CD from the music library every thing looks OK when I
    > press the burn button it then appears to start the burn process but it
    > just ends after a few seconds. No errors nothing on the CD.
    >
    > I can burn CDs with NERO without issue so its not a hardware issue.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > --
    > Mark Turnbull
    > To reply remove nospam

    Thanks for the reply but it did not help.

    The properties dialogue does not show the recording Tab as shown on the
    page. However, following the instructions on the page related to
    editing the registry is of no help as the drive (Pioneer DVR108) is
    already set as a recordable device with a value of 1.

    Any other suggestions.

    Thanks

    In message <132C875C-6D1F-4357-BDE1-F8F7222E1A5F@microsoft.com>, Byte
    <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> writes