Windows Media Player 10 won't record CDs

June 7, 2005 10:22:48 PM

Widows XP with all the latest updates. Windows Media player V10 when I
try to record a CD from the music library every thing looks OK when I
press the burn button it then appears to start the burn process but it
just ends after a few seconds. No errors nothing on the CD.

I can burn CDs with NERO without issue so its not a hardware issue.

Any thoughts?

TIA.

--
Mark Turnbull
To reply remove nospam

Windows XP CD Burning Secrets
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmor...
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Mark Turnbull" wrote:

> Widows XP with all the latest updates. Windows Media player V10 when I
> try to record a CD from the music library every thing looks OK when I
> press the burn button it then appears to start the burn process but it
> just ends after a few seconds. No errors nothing on the CD.
>
> I can burn CDs with NERO without issue so its not a hardware issue.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> TIA.
>
> --
> Mark Turnbull
> To reply remove nospam

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 10:28:16 PM

Thanks for the reply but it did not help.

The properties dialogue does not show the recording Tab as shown on the
page. However, following the instructions on the page related to
editing the registry is of no help as the drive (Pioneer DVR108) is
already set as a recordable device with a value of 1.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks

In message <132C875C-6D1F-4357-BDE1-F8F7222E1A5F@microsoft.com>, Byte
<Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> writes