Help xp cant boot up

G

hi all, i have a windows xphome edition with winfast 760gxk8kb and i dont know what happened when i went to turn it on it just gets to a page that says sorry for the inconvenience windows was shut down, then it has- safe mode, last know config, normal. i restarted it and hit f8 and then turned of auto restart and got error stop ox000000ED (0x83304c98, 0x0000006,0x00000000) it says unmountable boot volume, i have been trying to get help for about 8 days and i am going nuts, cant afford to take it to the shop hopefully somebody has an answer, i am stuck on this page and cant get to the sign on page it is just a vicious circle, thanks to any and all that can help, sandy

Insert your OS disc
Change the boot order in the BIOS to boot from your optical drive
Press 'r' to get into the repair console
Choose the drive to repair (probably 1)
Admin pass is blank by default, so just hit enter
Type fixboot
Remove the OS disc, exit out of the repair console, and restart.

If all is fixed, boot back into the BIOS and change the HD back to the first boot device again.

G

hi afford, thanks for the reply, sorry i just got back into town, gone for a minute. well i put an os disc ,that my nephew downloaded for me, into the cd, but it just keeps coming back to the same page about, sorry for the inconvenience, it isnt or doesnt seem to be reading the cd. my nephew told me to reboot and try tapping on F1- F12, one at a time when i try to reboot till i get the bios page but it just keeps going back to the sorry page. i did disable the auto restart and got a blue page that said unmountable boot volume, error 0x000000ED (0x83304c98,0xc0000006 etc, dont know what that means, i did receive an answer from another tech support that said it is quite a common error and to download regcure and run it, but that costs to much, and i still cant get into the comp to do it, that is the whole problem that i cant get past that damn sorry page, sorry for the langua;ge but im getting so frustrated here. well thanks for all your help and thanks for your time i really do appreciate it. take care

When the PC is powering up, tap the delete key until you get into the BIOS. You need to make the DVD/CD drive (one with the disc) the first boot device. Then save the changes exit the BIOS. When it restarts, you should see a message to 'press any key'. At that prompt, tap a key and it should boot off the OS disc.

TRENDING THREADS